You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Preview Sketches (Last Update: 3/13/2015)

Forum - DK Lounge - Story Discussion

Subscribe to this thread Preview Sketches (Last Update: 3/13/2015) created by Animefan18 on August 2, 2013

PM Offline
ezioauditore971/31/15 6:35pm
Yeah,I see what you mean there. The satire Dave and Liz put into the propaganda was fairly amusing I must freely concede,hehe!

PM Offline
Dawonguy1/31/15 7:44pm
Oh the satire (I just about lost it with some of the stuff in the mall in the prelude). I've said this before in another thread, and I'll say it again here. Dave and Liz be firing shots.

PM Offline
Dante1/31/15 10:56pm
"Pon Raul"

He fell such a far ways after the election verses Viscount Calah. Sadly, his knowledge of the ancient Anduruna constitution was no match for 'electability' and a strong media presence. After being outcast, he is survived by his son, Pand Raul. Not too surprising, though. DK has always had a bit of a libertarian bend to it XD.

PM Offline
Prometheus2/2/15 4:55pm
The parody is strong with the Lillie's. XD

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale2/2/15 8:49pm
I want to get that T-Shirt...

...what? The design is decent.

PM Offline
crazyhead422/2/15 8:59pm
@BigEasy, how do we know they are actually banished? I mean, seriously. Say you "banish" someone, then "Can't find them" if they are later found innocent. They probably got eaten by an over-sized Neco-Neco. Who's to know?

PM Offline
BigEasy2/2/15 11:02pm
@crazyhead42, banishment is the officially proscribed punishment for powers infraction, though I suppose it's true that it may be an official euphemism for a death sentence. If you did actually banish them what would stop them from going to join up with the bandits and continuing to cause trouble?

PM Offline
crazyhead422/2/15 11:18pm
"OFFICIALLY". And who's to check? Friends? Family? HA! they'd probably be "banished" too, for alleged power use. In fact, who's to gaurentee actual power use? A government official could just accuse someone of power use, plant minimal evidence, get the guy "banished" and that'd be the end of it.

I could have sworn we did something like that in our past. Something to do with red? And Fear? Oh well, it will come to me.

PM Offline
Kirito2/3/15 4:11am
@crazyhead They don't just toss them out and THEN do a trial. I imagine that if they were found innocent they wouldn't already be banished.

PM Offline
Dawonguy2/3/15 4:37pm
Yeah, I'm trying to find some parallels in the comic cause I'd like to think that there are some historical references. I don't think Anduruna is big enough to represent the US, especially if the technology in the human world is on par with that in the dream world, so who knows. The red scare might be it, but propaganda like that could be for gun control (even though that's already been done in Anduruna), drug bans, or maybe something like natural talent. (I remember reading a story where anyone that does anything better than "average" is handicapped so that they will be average, but I can't remember the title. If it helps, I remember that smart people are required to wear headphones that will make an annoying sound so you lose you train of thought and I think a news anchor in the story had a speech impediment.)

PM Offline
crazyhead422/4/15 7:00pm
Darn it! I know what story you are talking about, and I know the name of the book was the name of the main character's son, but I don't remember the name either!

Charly Bertron?
Eric? GAHHHH! I turned in that textbook already!!!

PM Offline
GodofVelcro2/4/15 9:23pm
Can that "Powers kill" poster be an actual thing? I want one.

PM Offline
Kirito2/5/15 11:43am
Same I would totally buy that

PM Offline
SuperTurbo42/19/15 1:24pm
What's ironic is all of those Public-service announcements and posters are being used by the Nightmares to weaken the Dreamkeepers so they can't fight back.

PM Offline
Kirito2/24/15 5:06pm
Actually, that's a really good point. I never thought about it, although it's really obvious XD

You must be logged in to post to a thread.