Welcome to the Dreamkeepers forum! It's intended to be a fun place to relax and enjoy conversation with fellow readers. These rules are meant to facilitate that:
- Don't break any laws.
- Have a good time. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong. Help others have a good time. Specifically:
- Try not to be irritable. Don't take offense where none was intended, or on behalf of others. Try not to be irritating. Don't deliberately ruin anyone's day.
- Stay on topic. Create new threads in the correct subforum. If there's already a thread for a certain topic, don't make a redundant one. When you post, have something to say- keep the conversation interesting. Don't just reply with "Okay!" and clutter up threads.
- Disagreement is not a problem. But if an exchange gets off topic or devolves into a spergfest, get out of everyone else's way by making a thread for it in Spamduruna. Or duke it out in private messages or Skype or the Wild West or 8chan something.
Moderation & Banning:
- Mods are responsible for ensuring the spirit of the above rules are followed. They are there to make judgement calls, and have the ability to edit / delete posts if deemed necessary.
- Transparency: Mods, save screenshots of anything serious enough to require deletion or a reprimand. Post the content of the offending post, and your reprimand, in Reality / Miscellaneous / Reprimands. This will make it clear to everyone what sort of posts are frowned upon, and why. It also records any misbehavior serious enough to lead to a ban, so it is clear to all that a ban was earned, and is not issued capriciously.
- Reprimand: Every user gets at least one reprimand. After one reprimand, the moderators can issue more reprimands- or, if deemed necessary, they can suspend the user.
- Suspension: If a user has been reprimanded, the Moderators may vote (50% approval or more needed) to ban their account for a 6 month period. If the user tries to sneak back into the forum with other accounts or otherwise subvert the suspension, it becomes a perma-ban.
- After 6 months, the user must explain to the mods how they will behave if they are reinstated. If the mods are convinced and 50% or more vote for it, the user is reinstated.
- A reinstated user gets one more reprimand from the Mods. Any further rule-breaking, and they will be subject to a perma-ban.
When in doubt, contact any of the moderators (MobileCrusader, Prometheus, PotatoFox, and DanWithTheHat, specifically) with your questions and concerns.