You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - I'm putting this issue I have out here.

Forum - Reality - Miscellaneous

Subscribe to this thread I'm putting this issue I have out here. created by Hakuzo on November 9, 2015

PM Offline
Hakuzo11/9/15 10:51pm
Not long since I've returned I've gotten a complaint for 'reviving multiple dead posts' from someone. I am not very happy about this. I've been away and get yelled at for posting in threads that are not locked for being 'old'. This is a forum; crying over reviving threads is stupid and makes me feel unwelcome.

PM Offline
Kirito11/10/15 5:39am
@Hakuzo

Indeed. This is a forum and you have the right to post to any and every thread available. I wouldn't think much of it personally. We're all here to discuss and comment on things and nothing should hinder your ability to do so.

PM Offline
Prometheus11/10/15 8:55am
@Hakuzo

I concur with Kirito. Necroing old threads is perfectly acceptable in alot of forums unless the rules say otherwise. We allow it, so any old topic you want to dig up is just fine by us. Some people here may not agree with it, but they shouldn't be trying to stop you and don't have to be involved in a thread that has seen its heyday. Besides, you've been away for a long time and you're just trying to catch up on topics you didn't get to be involved in. That's fine by me.

Lastly, we can't lock threads here. We can delete them, if need be, but we don't have the ability to lock threads. Because of that, we like to give old threads a chance to be revived, instead of having to create a whole new thread.

On a final note, it would be appreciated if you could PM me or the other mods about any issues you may be having with a user or the forums. Posting a thread about a person's complaint towards you may only leave the person feeling provoked and could intensify the problem. Let's try to keep these issues out of the public forum so they can be resolved more peacefully. ^^

Thank you for letting us know about your problem, though. Just know that what you're doing is okay. :)

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat11/10/15 2:03pm
I support people reviving threads as well. It's a slow moving forum, if a new or returning user has something new to say on an old topic, post away. Anything generating new discussion points is good in my book. As Prometheus has stated, there is no rule against it currently and us mods don't plan on adding one.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha11/10/15 2:35pm
Who's been sending you those complaints? There's nothing against reviving old threads in the rules and I'm not sure why that would bother someone (especially when the threads, as pointed out, don't actually get locked).

PM Offline
Hakuzo11/10/15 10:13pm
I posted this thread as a means to see if this is a forum wide problem without naming names. Just to make sure things are clear and I didn't miss a rule.

PM Offline
Aman371212/10/15 7:26am
@Hakuzo

You've just witnessed one of the many issues of this forum XD

PM Offline
Hakuzo12/11/15 12:07pm
Honestly it people like that, whom have made me bitter about forums. It was enough to almost make me leave again.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader12/11/15 1:59pm
I have no reason to object to necroing threads. Hell, I've done it a number of times here.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.