You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Proposal: Explicit Center

Forum - Reality - Miscellaneous

Subscribe to this thread Proposal: Explicit Center created by crazyhead42 on February 23, 2015

PM Offline
crazyhead422/23/15 5:43pm
Okay, so as I have complained about earlier, I cannot make green dots disappear without opening the thread causing them. This causes a problem when I come across threads with explicit content. Because of this, I would like to suggest an "Explicit Center" where all explicit threads are tucked away. This thread can go directly under "Spamundra", or in it's own listing, thus keeping children from having to try to figure out how to turn off the green dot without seeing anything.

What do you think?

PM Offline
Prometheus2/23/15 5:55pm
This is a legitimate concern and I can see where that could be a problem for those who want to unmark threads, but don't enjoy entering threads with explicit content. However, there are some explicit threads that contains art and pertains to art. Hence why they were moved to the DK Art Gallery.

Myself and the other mods will take this concern into consideration. We will either make this a section/subsection or get the green dot issue resolved. Whichever is easiest or comes first, I suppose. I will have to bring this up with them.

PM Offline
crazyhead422/23/15 6:07pm
Your concern sounds like an easy one to fix though. Just make a sub-thread titled "Link to the Explicit Art Threads:" or "Links to the Explicit Art Threads:" and put in there exactly what the title says

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat2/23/15 6:10pm
Dave knows that the clear notification button is not working and the its on the list of things to do for the programmer. The programmer though is working on something else for Dave right now so it may be a bit until he gets back to the forum. I guess we have to bear with it a bit longer. Sorry about that.

PM Offline
Prometheus2/23/15 6:13pm
@crazyhead42

That could be done as well. But, as I already said, I need to discuss this with the other mods. I was not part of the creation of the DK Art Gallery subsection, nor was I the one who moved the explicit art threads to there. I don't want to be undoing another mod's work until I get the O.K.

EDIT: Nevermind, Dan has replied.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat2/23/15 6:22pm
If we get the clear notification button, I think the set up now will be okay. The threads are clearly tagged and if you do accidentally click in, all of the explicit pictures are in links.

PM Offline
Prometheus2/23/15 6:31pm
@DanWithTheHat

Well, there is also the concern of text describing explicit scenarios, so that's still an issue. But, you're right. The current setup is fine, we just need to wait for the notification bug to be resolved. If it's really that much of a bother, I can create a temp thread with links and move the explicit threads to Spam until the bug is fixed, then move them back.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat3/5/15 4:56pm
I posted this in the bug thread already but the "Mark posts as read" button works now so you could clear out the 18+ threads now without clicking into them.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.