You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - MFF Incident

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread MFF Incident created by Prometheus on December 8, 2014

PM Offline
Prometheus12/8/14 1:49pm
So, there was apparently an incident at Midwest Furfest regarding a gas leak. The hotel had to be evacuated and the con put on hold until the leak was taken care of.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Lillie's were going to this convention and if they're okay? I heard nearly twenty people were hospitalized and Dave's twitter hasn't updated in nearly a week. So, I'm just a little worried, that's all.

PM Offline
PotatoFox12/8/14 3:59pm
While I cannot be certain at this stage, it seems that nobody has been seriously hurt though there have been several hospitalizations.
It also seems that this was not a leak or accident but a malicious act to disrupt activities at the convention following discovery of a chlorine powder in the 9th floor stairwell.
Given the nature of the substance found it is technically a Weapon of Mass Destruction under the definitions laid out in 18 USC 2332a. That being "any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors"
Regardless, hopefully nobody has been seriously hurt and those taken to hospital have been purely as a precaution.

PM Offline
Kirito12/8/14 4:55pm
They were at the convention, but they are fine

PM Offline
Prometheus12/8/14 6:37pm
Huh, so the gas leak turned out to be a legitimate chemical attack. Well, at least the Lillie's and the congoers are okay.

Guess the attacker must've thought he was Cmdr. Shepherd or something. *hint hint*

PM Offline
wildcard12/8/14 6:40pm
Disgruntled furry is my guess.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat12/8/14 7:05pm
So the Lillie's posted on Twitter that they were not in the hotel at the time as they were staying in the overflow hotel. They are just fine. Good thing no one was seriously hurt.

Here are the posts from Twitter for people who don't go on it:

David and Liz Lillie @Dreamkeepers

FYI- Liz and I are just fine. The chlorine gas attack was in the main hotel, we were in the overflow hotel. #MWFF #MFF #Gascon2014

David and Liz Lillie @Dreamkeepers

Kudos to #MWFF attendees for rolling forward Sunday- it takes more than a measly chemical attack to keep furries from fun.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader12/9/14 6:28am
I emailed him shortly after it happened, but still no response. None of the victims were injured significantly anyway.

Not that it makes the situation any less aweful.

PM Offline
AlextheTeknian12/9/14 6:41am
I know this is a touchy topic, but I just wanted to say I noticed the horrible news by a friend. Didnt know David and Liz went to that furcon but Im glad their fine and safe. I do hope the furries that got affected by the gas get well, thats a way to scary dangerous experience. I hope the truth of what really happened is known.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader12/9/14 6:57am
There's a full FBI investigation if I'm not mistaken. Lethal gasses like that can be grounds for domestic terrorism charges. Not a fun sentence.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha12/9/14 3:54pm
Fortunately, it doesn't sound like anyone died. But I do wonder who would target MFF? A real terrorist attack would go to something with a higher number of people and an asshole who thinks he's doing "justice" probably wouldn't have the stones to go through with it.

PM Offline
Kirito12/9/14 3:57pm
Who would have anything against furries D=

PM Offline
MobileCrusader12/9/14 5:35pm
some /b/tard prolly.

PM Offline
Kirito12/9/14 5:58pm
yeah most likely. Lotta haters out there.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.