You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Hardest-Video Game you've ever played

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Hardest-Video Game you've ever played created by Kymastrider on May 20, 2015

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/20/15 5:18pm
And no I don't mean hard because its bad or broken, I mean hard because of how it was designed.

I'm sure we've all been down that road at least once in our lifetimes, for the moment the hardest game I'm playing right now is R-Type the original as part of R-type dimensions.

I don't particularly hate this game (yet) as a matter of fact I thought it would be a lot of fun when I downloaded it, and the first 3 levels are enjoyable with, however from level 4 onwards the difficulty just takes a massive steroid boost.

I mean I know horizontal shooters from the 80's and 90's were designed to be ridiculously unbalanced so you die almost instantly and were made to be almost unbeatable so you would just keep throwing quarters into the machine. But seriously I cannot recall the last time I have dropped so many F-bombs in my entire life, even with the slow down button I still find it very easy to die.

The only way I was able to get past stage 6 was using the infinite lives mode. Some might call that cheating but due to the overall frustration I was feeling at that point I really didn't care.

You really have to wonder how anyone back then was able to get very far in the arcade cabinet unless they really had no life and there parents had bottomless income. But games like R-Type and Gradius must have had an audience cause they kept making more sequels.

And despite how much it pisses me off I keep coming back to it, I think a lot of us develop love-hate relationships with really hard games. certainly I don't know right now if it's the hardest game I've ever played in my life, but it would definitely be in my top 10.

What about you, anyone else have a colorful hard video game story to share?

PM Offline
Kirito5/20/15 6:33pm
Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess is the hardest game I've ever attempted. Started back in 2012, and have yet to finish it even today.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/20/15 9:41pm
@Kirito

I cant think of that many people who would consider Twilight Princess to be all that difficult, even by Zelda standards. I consider Zelda 2 and even Link's Awakening to be among the hardest games in the series.

PM Offline
ThatDudesDude5/21/15 4:32am
I'm just going to say Demon's Souls before anyone else does it. I know, obvious. But never has a game made me fight so hard for something and made me feel like I've accomplished nothing. Still a good game... Don't know why I'm saying that :/

PM Offline
MobileCrusader5/21/15 7:53am
The timed missions on the Sly games were pretty hard.

Shadow of the Colossus on hard is fucking stupid hard.

Devil May Cry 1 is really hard. So is 3, but not as hard.

PM Offline
ThatDudesDude5/21/15 3:02pm
Actually. Dark Messiah Might & Magic on hard is, well, hard. The game is really testing you on normal so hard is neigh unbalanced. Very hard (the next difficulty) is definitely unbalanced and broken, probably hard as well since i never got passed the first level.

Mobile is right with SotC on hard, the stamina bar makes the bosses take HOURS because you always fall of them!
Not as fun as normal i tell you.

PM Offline
Kirito5/21/15 6:44pm
LOZ:TP is considered to be the hardest Zelda game to date. As a casual gamer, that doesn't bode well for me.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/21/15 7:33pm
personally I didn't break much of a sweet beating, IMO Zelda 2 adventures of link of much harder, to this day I still haven't beaten it.

PM Offline
Kirito5/21/15 7:39pm
Yeah. Personally, I haven't played LOZ2, so I can't really make that comparison.

PM Offline
Havoc5/22/15 10:55pm
The hardest game I've played has to be Battletoads it's an okay game until you reach level 3 then the difficulty goes way up. I've heard level 6 is pretty hard but I never made it past level 3.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader5/23/15 5:52pm
Final Fantasy 1 is hard because it gives you no hand holding at all.

PM Offline
ST34LTH5/25/15 4:43pm
If we involved browser puzzle/games, then Notpr0n, easily...

But since the subject is video games, I'm going to have to go with the good old 'Contra' title.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale5/25/15 7:38pm
Usually Simulator Games and a few point and click games are difficult.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha5/26/15 5:31pm
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2. I'm still in the second chapter with that one.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat5/28/15 8:16pm
I couldn't beat the first trauma center. That game ramps up the difficulty quick!

You must be logged in to post to a thread.