You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - V4-Kickstarter: Discussion.

Forum - DK Lounge - Event Room

Subscribe to this thread V4-Kickstarter: Discussion. created by Kymastrider on February 19, 2015

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha6/19/15 2:44pm
I don't think it's likely, but it'd be awesome if we wound up with the necessary 18k to bump up to that last stretch goal from the Paypal guys.

PM Offline
FoxBrethren6/19/15 2:53pm
In the end it looks like we gained the spot of 65th most funded comic on Kickstarter. Now to continue spreading the word far and wide as the possible retail distribution begins its approach.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat6/19/15 3:21pm
Annnd now we wait for the release! Yay!!!

PM Offline
Kymastrider6/19/15 4:00pm
Update 12

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083757038/dreamkeepers-volume-4-descent-to-the-archives/posts/1268533

While we were no where near close to the last stretch goal that extra money should out Dave some.

My reaction to the ending of this kickstarter is something along the lines of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTA2fxOedxo

PM Offline
Kirito6/19/15 7:41pm
Congratulations to Dave for a super successful KS!

PM Offline
Koreth6/19/15 9:51pm
While it might not be the $100K stretch goal, $82,385 ain't nothin to sneeze at.

$82k, before PayPal donations. Does anyone here disagree that that is worthy of a "Booyah!"?

PM Offline
Kirito6/19/15 9:52pm
Booyah indeed :-)

PM Offline
FoxBrethren6/20/15 1:13am
So before he actually has us vote one way or another, which are you guys leaning towards for the PDF versions to be available asap or wait until the books can be sent out?

I'm personally torn as I really want to read it as soon as possible, but I'd also like to be fair with those that got the book only tier.

I was curious if anyone else was torn like I am or if you guys are already decided.

PM Offline
Kobalt956/20/15 2:47am
I'm actually torn as well... I don't know what I'll vote for yet.

I got the tier that includes both a PDF download and a physical book, and I really want to read V4 as soon as possible but I would also like to read the new book in physical form first.

Because I'm a weirdo.

PM Offline
Prometheus6/20/15 11:11am
Not sure how exclusive this vote will be. I assume it will be held for the backers only, but knowing Dave, it might be open to all.

Well, all I can say is, DO NOT go looking around any chans or image-hosting websites 'cuz odds are great that the book will be leaked the day those PDF files go out, whether that be today or whenever books get mailed out. Being the cheap prick that I am, I'll have no choice but to wait for a copy to be leaked in order to read it. It's how I found this series to begin with, so until I can read it legitimately, might as well keep to the tradition.

PM Offline
Kymastrider6/20/15 11:29am
perhaps Im against the majority but I want to wait to read my copy, considering how much I invested and the overall buildup it wouldn't quite feel right to just have it digitally distributed and make the overall feeling of getting my DK package in the mail.

PM Offline
Prometheus6/20/15 11:45am
@Kymastrider

Oh, the piracy is gonna happen whether we like it or not. Hence my warning up above to tell people not to go looking up anything DK-related on any image websites. Anyone who wants to wait for their physical copies could get spoiled real quick if not careful.

PM Offline
Digitigraderobo6/20/15 8:20pm
The Kickstarter was a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30dXrUm3o6g

PM Offline
Prometheus6/22/15 10:57am
It's been a few days since the last update and the campaign closing. The voting for the PDF release is due anytime now. Wonder how that will go. I'm more curious as to how the retail release will go.

PM Offline
Kymastrider6/23/15 1:18pm
So when do we get our backer's surveys?

You must be logged in to post to a thread.