You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - V4-Kickstarter: Discussion.

Forum - DK Lounge - Event Room

Subscribe to this thread V4-Kickstarter: Discussion. created by Kymastrider on February 19, 2015

PM Offline
Prometheus5/22/15 3:35pm
A little over $30K so far. We've only got five stretch goals to go now. It's amazing. Barely three days up and we've gone through more than half the stretch goals already. This series and Vivid will be mainstream successes in no time with this kind of reception. :D

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/22/15 9:25pm
I suppose its a safe to assume the Dreamkeeper fan base has grown considerably larger since the last kickstarter. I first joined last august.

PM Offline
Kobalt955/22/15 9:31pm
What is the farthest Stretch Goal do you guys think we'll be able to reach by the end of the Kickstarter? :D I'm betting on at least the $55,000 Prelude Collection reprint.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/23/15 8:46am
So let's do a bit of calculation, I can only compare this to the prelude kickstarter since I cant find a record of the kickstarters for volumes 1-3.

(2013, Prelude Kickstarter) reached only ($30,894) and had about (405 backers) over the course of (one Month) I'm guessing.

(2015, GNS Vol-4 Kickstarter) has reached ($34,290) with only (329 backers) in only (3 Days) with still (27 Days) left to go.

There is a very good chance were going to hit the Prelude stretch goal long before this kickstarter is over.

PM Offline
FoxBrethren5/25/15 12:08am
Calculations and predictions of human behavior? Heh, I'll give it a shot.

Going by the spending trend I'm seeing now... in the first 5 days we've made it to $37,000 and actually we're about $500 away from the next stretch goal as of the moment I have typed this up, however about half of that was on day one. The pledges have slowed down considerably since the first day and will probably remain a trickle soon, though the current $1000 or more a day isn't something to sneeze at. I do predict a few small bursts on Mondays and Fridays during the next couple weeks to coincide with fresh paychecks (I've only ever really had a few jobs so that's assuming that Monday and Friday are the most common days to receive paychecks). I also think it's possible that we'll see another burst towards the end as those that pledged at the beginning get that one last check in and decide to increase their pledge (Even those that get paid monthly will have gotten one more check by then I think).

All in all I think we have a good chance of reaching that Prelude stretch goal, but I'm not confident the current trend will allow us to reach any higher goals than that. Not that I'm not hopeful for that retail level distribution. That would be amazing even if it doesn't sell well to begin with, it'd be a lot more exposure.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/25/15 9:14pm
check it out, the first major update on the statues of the kickstarter, Dave even made this awesome graph.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083757038/dreamkeepers-volume-4-descent-to-the-archives/posts/1242369

PM Offline
FoxBrethren5/25/15 10:25pm
Yes indeed. Makes me wish I had the name of some podcasts to suggest. I'm looking forward to the voting, though. New merchandise on the horizon and old merchandise returning from beyond the grave. It's exciting stuff.

A thought occurred for me. I'm getting some of the stretch goal merchandise for myself and for my roommate, do you think the ending questionnaire will account for wanting multiples of some things or would it be better to create a second Kickstarter account for her and use my card again for her stuff?

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha5/26/15 5:52pm
All right, here comes my first prediction (because I'm tooootally not too late to throw mine in there). I think it'll probably be 79 to 80k after everything's said and done if the current amount collected per week stays the same.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader5/27/15 11:34am
Almost to $43,000 now

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/29/15 3:53pm
$44,847 as of now.

were nearly $10,000 away from reprinting the prelude collection.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/29/15 8:47pm
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083757038/dreamkeepers-volume-4-descent-to-the-archives/posts/1242425

Alright, well it looks like we get to vote on three art-sheets to be reprinted.

Also We get to Vote on six new button designs.

(Sorry Kirito but it doesn't look like there's going to be an Evzen button)

PM Offline
Kirito5/29/15 8:50pm
Aww :c

Oh well, any dreamkeeper button is an awesome one!

PM Offline
MrDarkwraith5/29/15 9:04pm
Well he had my vote, one of them anyway.

PM Offline
Kymastrider5/30/15 8:01am
well if enough people vote we can atleast get the bobby button

PM Offline
MobileCrusader5/31/15 8:42am
46k today.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.