You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Rest in Peace Monty Oum

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Rest in Peace Monty Oum created by Rekt on February 2, 2015

PM Offline
Rekt2/2/15 12:38pm
http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

I've seen some talk about Red vs Blue and RWBY on the forums here before. Some of you might have already been aware of Monty's recent medical crisis, and unfortunately he wasn't able to pull through.

He was an amazing animator, story teller, and inspiration to not only his fans and budding creative minds, but to the industry of art itself.

You will be missed, Monty.

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier2/2/15 2:19pm
I was just mentioning this on Skype earlier... It makes me want to finish watching RWBY now. I've never really had the chance to watch fast the first few episodes.

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/2/15 2:23pm
The creative community lost one of its best. He shall be sorely missed.

PM Offline
Prometheus2/2/15 4:52pm
Wow. 2015 is not going to go easy on us, eh?

You will be missed, Monty. I really hope you get all the DDR machines you can handle wherever you are now. Rest peacefully.

PM Offline
Asora2/2/15 4:53pm
@Prometheus

Yeah actually. People said that 2015 was likely going to be the best year yet, but unfortinually now, we all know that's BS so far.

Besides that, SON OF A B**CH! NOT ANOTHER ALLERGY DEATH! FUUUUU-

PM Offline
FoxPhantom2/2/15 6:23pm
Dang, sorry to hear that he passed away too. -_-
This is pretty sad, I mean with a severe allergic reaction, it's sad how fast someone can instantly pass away from something like this. :c

PM Offline
TFeathersB2/3/15 6:00am
I've been a fan of Rooster Teeth for years, but I've only seen a few episodes of RvB and just the first of RWBY. That is going to change soon.

It's also sad that it was an allergy related death, as someone with server allergies they always hit me hard when I hear about them.

PM Offline
WiseOwlReader2/3/15 7:39am
Son of a bitch, I heard about this on the forums when it was first posted. But, seriously, I didn't believe it at first before I looked up on Reddit and Roosterteeth. com.

I mean...god dammit! The guy was 33 years old! Cut down way to young, man.

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/3/15 9:54am
Yeah, I can relate TFeathersB. Ironically I've come to 'lose' all my allergies, but I used to multi-hyperallergic and had a few critical situations already (supposedly), but for some weird reason my body went "nope" and I'm free from such restrictions now. Such stories of allergic reaction deaths still strike it home though. If I wasn't so lucky, it might have already happened to me.

PS.: I'm aware that you normally never get rid of allergies, and I'm likely still at risk of them resurfacing, but doctors have confirmed both that I used to have them and now don't. The 'moral' of the story is that it's weird and I'm apparently super lucky ;3

PM Offline
Asora2/3/15 4:41pm
I'm kind've on the same way as you ST34LTH. There were at times when I was younger that I would get my lips and eyes swollen, and have a few bumps on my skin due to being allergic to something. But fortinually though, due to all I can remember about the times I got allergic, I never really had trouble with breathing, blood pressure, or anything like that. I guess that when I get allergic, it only happens to my skin.

I suppose I should be grateful that I never gotten into a life-threatening situation with allergies, or, something like that. However, truth be told, to this very day, I still am not sure what I am allergic too. But again, due to what I remember, I think it could have been food-coloring, eating a certain food everyday, or taking a medicine that happen to have allergic reactions to my body once I took it. I don't know. :P

PM Offline
MobileCrusader2/9/15 11:55am
His RvB animations were awesome. RWBY's fight sequences were killer. I will mourn him.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.