You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - A Dane's authorship begins

Forum - Reality - LOOKIT THIS!

Subscribe to this thread A Dane's authorship begins created by ST34LTH on January 25, 2015

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/25/15 9:08pm
INTRO
########

Before all the googly eyes and other puzzled expressions rain down on this topic, I'll explain the topic's purpose, as briefly as I think I can manage, without leaving too much out.

First of, I want to be a professional writer and intend to pursue this with all my heart and mind. I have an author handle in mind, which isn't ST34LTH, since I both want to keep work and pleasure seperate, probably going to write in partial anonymity, and also because I kind of want a name that is a little more... sophisticated and yet easier to both remember and say. Since I've yet to truly settle on it however, I'm going to keep it a mystery for the time being, even though I technically have one that I fancy a lot.

The reason for me creating this topic, is NOT to rant about my life or my personal desires, but is a combination of starting out somewhere, as well as a plea for assistance from all those who are willing and have the time. I work best when I can spar my ideas with others, for which there needs to be other; evidently. I need help with reading my works and criticizing them and bringing inherent flaws to light, since let's face it, perfection doesn't exist and more eyes only help to notice and eventually iron out the flaws. And finally, however boring it might be, I'll need help spell-checking, since again, let's face it, people notice poor language and use of it, and if I can't even deliver clearly understandable works, how can I expect people to get addicted to them?

On occasion, I will post updates and random tid-bits of info on here, for those interested, but I'll keep the majority of the cards close to my chest and only really share it with those that are interested in helping and actually do so. This decision is taken to avoid tempting anyone with plagiarism, as well as the fact that I believe most would prefer to read a finished work, rather than a WIP.

Any help is appreciated, since I'm still a greenhorn at this and while I've tried to concider everything, I have likely missed about as many things, as not.

All my projects are generally gathered in a dropbox and for those who'd like to volounteer some of their time, I can give you access to it and let you read my notes, as well as various other tid-bits, that might help you get a better understanding of the worlds I create and the stories I write.

If you've read this far, I thank you for your time, wish you a good day and in case you decide to help, I thank you all the more.

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/25/15 9:08pm
-

PM Offline
Kirito1/28/15 6:17am
sorry for the late response stealth!
I would love to volunteer my time to help out a friend, if you want me to help you of course =P

So far it sounds like you have a solid story. (Excited for the furry lovers little something ;P) So for clarification the conflict is that resources are dwindling?

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/28/15 7:09am
-

PM Offline
Rekt1/28/15 9:50am
This is a really interesting idea! You don't see it a lot where short stories come together to make a cohesive narrative about a new world, which is a shame because I think that sort of thing has such a great home in the scifi/fantasy genre.

I'd love to volunteer to help too! One of the staples of the writing community is that we help each other out, and it's always good to see someone with a head on their shoulders sitting down and hashing out the logistics of what they're making :D

So question: In these short stories, are they all character-centric? Or are there some that will be almost entirely panorama pieces? Are you planning on having connections and overlap between any of the stories/characters as the series progresses, or are they staying for the most part isolated?

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/28/15 10:59am
First off, thank you. Secondly, I agree; not only is that sort of narrative too rare (to not say non-existant), but you also tend to get a scewed view of the world, since you follow one very specific group and tend to lose sight of the other 99%+, something I wanted to experiment with, in this particular 'series'.

To answer the question: I plan to make the characters rather discardable for the most part, so that I always have the option of saying: "Well that was a good tale, but now it (and the characters) are done." or to, on the other hand, be able to continue using them, if people seem interested in specific individuals or even entire casts. Some of them will be recurring characters, typically if they are important figures, but other than that, none are planned to stay, only able to if desired. I hope that answered your question, otherwise I think I might have understood.

PM Offline
Asora1/31/15 5:14pm
[Mod Delete for compactness]

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/31/15 5:39pm
You're aware that it isn't mandatory to reply to everything right? Particularly if you have nothing to add. ;)

I'm quite serious about this thread and would appreciate it if you would be too Asora.

PM Offline
Asora1/31/15 7:43pm
[Mod Delete for compactness]

PM Offline
Kirito2/1/15 11:59am
Dude this is a serious thing. If you don't wish to help, please stay out of it.

btw stealth just message me on skype when you want to keep talking about the lore and such.

PM Offline
Asora2/1/15 12:57pm
But.......I backed down though...........

Oh well, anyways, I haven't read everything that was talked about so far, but, I will try to keep the enthusiasm on a low level on this thread, since I am a bit interested in it. Carry on. :3

PM Offline
WiseOwlReader2/2/15 11:02am
Hm...Interesting. I'd like to hear more about this idea, the world you're talking about sounds very fascinating. I'll weigh in from time to time.

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/2/15 11:38am
-

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier2/2/15 5:08pm
Oh yeah man, I've told you outside the forums here I'd love to hear what you've got to writes around here, and a bit about how I have my own interests as well... :^)

PM Offline
ST34LTH3/19/15 5:35pm
-

You must be logged in to post to a thread.