You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - A Dane's authorship begins

Forum - Reality - LOOKIT THIS!

Subscribe to this thread A Dane's authorship begins created by ST34LTH on January 25, 2015

PM Offline
ST34LTH3/22/15 5:26am
*Bump*

Any input?

PM Offline
Kirito3/22/15 6:45pm
kinda confused on exactly what the rreaction is and does, but confining something is never good! So I say no to the eyes for right now. As for colour, I think icy blue would be really awesome. : )

PM Offline
ST34LTH3/23/15 5:30am
-

PM Offline
ST34LTH5/2/15 8:10pm
The first few parts of the first story is already at a likely final draft phase. It turns out that I'm horrible at short-stories and that these stories all are going to be of considerable length. I might end up chopping them into parts and post them seperately; for adding both suspense and shortening the time it takes to finish something for potential readers.

Things have been busy lately and I'm hoping to pick up the pace in the following month(s).

I thank all those who've helped so far and those who've pledged to, but for whatever reason been unable. I'd however also like to encourage anyone else out there, who'd be both interested and up to the challenge, to either reply here or PM me, so we can talk about the possibility of helping the story (or the general setting) along.

PM Offline
Kirito5/2/15 11:13pm
That's awesome Stealth! Just shoot me a PM here or on skype andI'd be more than happy to help! :-)

PM Offline
ST34LTH9/3/16 4:34pm
-

PM Offline
Prometheus9/3/16 8:20pm
Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear about that, Stealth. I know I would go insane if I had a condition like that that prevented me from finishing my stories. I have a hard enough time with that by myself.

It's good that you're bouncing back, though. I wish you luck in your project and can't wait to check it out. ^^

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha9/11/16 9:28pm
Well, on the plus side it looks like you're at least finding a way to cope (though I would recommend that you don't worry about productivity too much - there are more ways to define success, so don't get too down on fulfilling one slower than you'd like). I think we're all excited to see what you come up with, when you come up with it!

PM Offline
ST34LTH9/15/16 4:43pm
Thanks, it means a lot.

I myself am not 'too' bothered by the amount of time it'll take to finish a project, having submitted to the idea that it will be far more likely that my first novel (maybe lesser stories too) will take closer to a decade, than a year or two, to finish.

I'm however a bit bothered by knowing I promised a faster release of some of the smaller stories to a lot of people and I realize I've let them down big-time, since a few years has passed since the first promises and I still have nothing to show for the time :/

Time will tell whether the quality will have been well worth the wait, but here is hoping ;)

PM Offline
ST34LTH9/25/16 4:11pm
-

PM Offline
ST34LTH10/7/16 2:56am
Thanks to the people on Discord who gave their input on this. I've reached the decision to use a compromise of Earth-based myth names, where I will try to refrain from using 'misunderstood' names so as to avoid confusion, but still get strong symbolic and relatable names.

PM Offline
ST34LTH12/8/16 8:54am
While I'm still not done writing the first story, it's progressing nicely as of late; 8 A4 pages written just the last two weeks and added an appendix to explain foreign words used in the story. It's currently at 11,2k words and unless I lose the drive to write again, then it looks like I might indeed be able to produce a finished work sooner than I first expected/feared.

PM Offline
ST34LTH9/5/17 7:57pm
I no longer intend to pursue the purpose of this thread (and will not attempt to replicate it elsewhere) and will instead just continue as I have have the last two years anyway.

To those that originally wanted to help, I thank you for your likely quite genuine desire to help, but will not honestly thank you in full, since most I received were promises and a few odd comments. I realize I didn't take much initiative at times, but when I did, I didn't really get great results and/or enthusiasm, which was admittedly quite disappointing and very demoralizing.

A special thanks to Kirito however, as while it didn't end up being a lot, he did actually make good on his promises and helped to the extent of his abilities.

All that said however, you'll be noticing a fair few blank posts from me in this thread. It's not that the information is invalid, but I grow weary having it on here, as while I do believe most of you have respect for writers and their work, there are probably some that don't and I do not intend to see my work copy-pasta'd elsewhere before I even manage to post it myself. I do not personally think I make master-class writing, nor do I consider this behavior to be indicative of paranoia, but I know from experience that people do stupid things when they believe no one is watching and/or when salty over someone leaving (probably as they assume they will get back at the other person for leaving). This is also why those that did have access to my old dropbox development folders will find that they (hopefully) no longer exist, as I cannot and will not take any chances with this. Should you have downloaded anything to elsewhere that was originally made by me and not have express permission, I respectfully request that it be deleted post haste. You can use content I make/made as inspiration or reference material, but for the love of art and/or anything holy, do not copy my work.

By extension, yes, you could argue I've left the community... probably a long time ago. I enjoyed my time here, but have not felt particularly welcome whenever I in fact did show up in the last two years time and feel as if I've lost the friendships I originally had here. I'm not asking for pity invites to return and will quite likely not ever fully return, but will still be contactable through Steam or Discord, as I do still continue existing.

I thank Dave and Liz for the amazing webcomic, I do still follow it and I'm always excited for more. While I did originally ask for potential future help with hosting or publishing, my above quibble about the lack of help was not in the least aimed at you, as I realize you could not promise anything before we had something palpable to work with and I've not given up on the thought, but realize it's likely a discussion that would happen quite a long time into the future, everything considered.

This is, as such, my farewell to the Dreamkeepers community. I hope you keep going strong and that you give many others joy, but my time here is up and must move on. Best of wishes to you all.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.