You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Ideologies

Forum - Reality - LOOKIT THIS!

Subscribe to this thread Ideologies created by ST34LTH on January 13, 2015

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 9:50am
So I was wondering if people wanted to discuss their world views and stuff, although I have to say that I'm also a little unsure if it's a good idea, since, well... Politics and Religion are the two things one does not discuss on the internet and expect to escape unscathed ;3

I found an interesting test that will help people put it in a few somewhat short, but accurate sentences, but will probably wait adding the link, until we reach an accord on being sensible and friendly or not doing it at all.

#####

EDIT:
The test that was formerly mentioned is now included in this first post, to ensure that all can find it easily.

It is called the Social Attitude Test and can be found here:
http://slackhalla.org/~demise/test/socialattitude.php

PM Offline
Prometheus1/13/15 11:43am
I share your sentiment on the volatility of this thread's topics. Therefore, I will keep out of the conversation and will just watch how this little hand grenade rolls. If it gets too hot, I'll pull the plug myself. This forum is a great place to share ideas and argue about how something is right or wrong, but we should do so reasonably. Act accordingly to the forum rules. If you think you can't do that, it'd be best to drop out of the thread or don't comment in the thread at all.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread if it sees any activity. You can go ahead and add your link, ST34LTH. I think I pretty much laid down the expectations of this thread for those who want to share their thoughts.

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 12:04pm
Your expectations don't differ much from my own, but here's to hoping that we can be civilized about it.

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 12:25pm
I've added the link to the original post and here are my results, which I find quite interesting and accurate tbh.

http://tinypic.com/r/2889mbo/8

Ps.: I'm personally very surprised about the parent thing though XD I don't have kids and I'm not likely to get some any time soon

PM Offline
Rekt1/13/15 12:42pm
Well I'm all about this kind of thing :D It's interesting seeing what other people think about the world and such.

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 12:43pm
Indeed, hence why I want this to work out in a calm way of open discussion.

PM Offline
Rekt1/13/15 12:46pm
Yeah, these sorts of conversations can go pretty downhill pretty quick, but hey nothing ventured nothing gained right?

PM Offline
Kirito1/13/15 12:57pm
http://i.imgur.com/VCJkz6i.png

my results

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 1:00pm
@Rekt - Indeed

@Kirito - Interesting, some of those things were a given I'd say, but I was also a bit surprised tbh

PM Offline
Kirito1/13/15 1:01pm
tell me all the juicy details about your opinions =3
like what was given and what surprised you

PM Offline
Rekt1/13/15 1:08pm
Copy/pasting results:

--

Your test scores indicate that you are a tender-minded progressive; this is the political profile one might associate with a university professor. It appears that you are tolerant towards religion, and have a generally optimistic attitude towards humanity in general.

Your attitudes towards economics appear capitalist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a libertarian.

To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a considerate idealistic egalitarian with few strong convictions.

--

and Kirito nice!

PM Offline
Kirito1/13/15 1:10pm
we have very similar results =)

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/13/15 1:12pm
I'd already figured you open-minded and a likely liberal(ist?). I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by you being an idealistic Egalitarian, but somehow I am regardless. What surprised me the most however, is the fact that it rated you as ultra-progressive. I wouldn't have imagined you as one, since you seem to like things nice and relaxed, not directed towards maximum effieciency. But then again, this is where not knowing a person irl can throw you off so bad XD

PM Offline
Kirito1/13/15 1:14pm
yeah I was surprised by ultra progressive also. I honestly like things relaxed and chill, but I guess when it comes to politics I like libertarian ideas; deviating from the norm and finding better solutions to current processes.

PM Offline
Rekt1/13/15 1:16pm
Well I mean it doesn't need to be "super efficient" (but I tend to feel progressive attitudes are efficient anyways) but more like super-liberal implementation, yeh?

You must be logged in to post to a thread.