You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Thoughts and Concerns on David Lillie Planning on Switching to Amazon for Book Orders.

Forum - DK Lounge - General

Subscribe to this thread Thoughts and Concerns on David Lillie Planning on Switching to Amazon for Book Orders. created by Asora on January 9, 2015

PM Offline
Kirito1/10/15 5:24pm
I was also at one point educating Asora on fiscal responsibility so yeah

PM Offline
PotatoFox1/10/15 5:38pm
My password would take 465 million years. I am most smartest! GLORY BE UNTO ME!

PM Offline
Kirito1/10/15 5:38pm
ALL HAIL LORD POTATO MAY HE NEVER BE DEEP FRIED AND SERVED AT A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT

PM Offline
Asora1/10/15 6:16pm
You put "friend" instead of "fried".

PM Offline
Kirito1/10/15 6:19pm
did I? DU DUN DUNNNNNN

PM Offline
Asora1/10/15 6:41pm
*takes off sunglasses*

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Feast-for-Crows-1.jpg

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat1/10/15 11:40pm
So I'm coming in way too late at this point but here are my thoughts on some of the stuff brought up:

1. I personally love Amazon. Their customer service is top notch. It should really take a big load off of Dave. The loss of regular orders of signed copies is not too big a deal. IMO Dave was really generous offering those post initial release and outside conventions. I figured that would end sooner or later.

2. For students, you can get free Amazon prime for 6 months and then it is half price for as long as you are a student. That could mean DK to your door in 2 days with no added shipping cost. XD

3. *Pro Credit Card Rant incoming*

I don't know where the hate on credit cards is coming from. I would never even think about using my debit card online. It is way too risky. If a credit card number gets stolen and used inappropriately, the charge gets disputed, you get a new card and number and you never lose real money. Someone gets into your bank account with your debit card info, and that is instant loss of actual funds which could mess up loan and rent payments if a ton of money is withdrawn. While usually you can get your money back, there is usually a decent delay which is a huge hassle.

Pro Tip with credit cards: Never charge more than you could pay off in that month. Use it like you would your debit card and you improve your credit rating, gain some added security, and in most cases get points to use on stuff later on without ever paying interest. There is almost no downside IMO.

PM Offline
ST34LTH1/11/15 4:06am
Agreed with the credit cards. Sadly my bank considers me incapable of handling one, because of a slight dip into debt at one point, which was actually the educational systems fault >.> I honestly don't want to try convincing them though, so I'm just waiting for the point in time their system gives me the green light again.

PM Offline
Kirito1/11/15 5:08am
See that's the problem. A lot of people spend more than they can pay off, leading to debt and bad credit. I stick to debit cards/checks/cash

PM Offline
Asora1/11/15 12:00pm
Wait, so, why can't you just get both credit and debit just in case if something happens?

Also, what are "students" in Amazon? Speaking of which, is Amazon free for ANYONE in that matter?

PM Offline
Kirito1/11/15 12:02pm
Amazon is free, you just have to pay for things you buy.

and you could do that I suppose.

PM Offline
Asora1/11/15 12:04pm
So, what are students in Amazon terms anyway?

PM Offline
Kirito1/11/15 12:05pm
Amazon student is for college students, and you get access to discounts and such.

PM Offline
Asora1/11/15 12:32pm
Oh, I see. That's seems understandable.

So, the only thing that I need to do in order to access the DK books later is by creating an Amazon account and using either my parent's credit or debit card in order to buy them? And if I have the money to pay for the books, I could just simply give the money to my parent, and that way, they could put the money into there bank account, so they could use their debit card to pay for the books through Amazon with the amount of money that I gave them? Right?

PM Offline
Kirito1/11/15 12:33pm
yeah if your parents agree to it

You must be logged in to post to a thread.