|On mobile, its high impossible to send PMs due to box size.|
|If the duplicate of Spamdurana wants to live so badly, who are we to kill it.|
|Well, based on other things going on I would guess the duplicate of Spamdurana would be a symptom of the larger SQL server troubles. Atleast for me at times the site takes forever to process requests and times out on the SQL requests for parts of the forum.|
|I'm in the save boat most times. Long load times and processing times.|
|I have a few thing's I want to tell about some bugs in the forum's. |
1.) The E-mail box for sending message's to other members is very small, and the box also does't have a scroll bar for some reason.
2.) For some reason, after a period of time, lets say an hour for staying on the same page in the forums, it strangely log's me out for no reason. And there are some points where I am typing something in a thread, or making a thread, I keep getting afraid that once I post the comment, it log's me out on the next page, and I lose all my stuff that I have been typing for a long period of time. In order to fix this problem, I had to highlight every word I had typed in, copy it, and post the original comment I made. If I get logged out, I have to log back in, find the place where I wanted to post the comment, go there, go to the editing page or the comment page, then paste the copy I had made. Excuse my french, but it's as pain in the ass.
3.) Is there any chance to update the profile page where we can post our own profile picture? And when I mean "our own profile picture", I mean for giving us the choice to either get a profile pic somewhere from google, bing, or another place and post those pics, or we can literally make our own.
4.) For some reason, if you post a thread on the category, it literally stays there forever unless you delete the thread and make a new one. What I am trying to say is that how come we can edit and delete comments but we can't change certain stuff in the thread's? Such as the title, and post it on another category.
That all the things I wanted to say so far.
I love the DK forums, okay. I really do, but the things I have said indicates that the forums are not perfect though. All I am trying to do is informing people about the cons in the forums and hopefully they will get fix, so that the forums will be better than before.
Also, I am using a Macbook to type this stuff on the DK Forums, so it could just be me. Who knows?
|Greetings! As your forum moderator of pain, despair and happiness, I shall attempt to calm your woes! Before we start on this quest of fixing things, I have to point out that I am using a Windows laptop, so some errors that might be caused by your Macbook might not appear and visa versa because boring compatibility.|
1. I agree that the box is too small and that there is in fact no scroll bar, but there is a small tab in the bottom right which, when dragged, resizes the box and allows the previously invisible scroll bar to appear.
2. I am also logged out if I stay on a page too long, I assume this is some sort of idle spambot defense mechanism. If you intend to write out a long speech akin to one of Winston Churchill's, perhaps it would be a better idea to write it out in notepad or whatever it is that Macbook uses (I have never used a Macbook, am I missing out?) then copy it across. Thus saving some amount of effort.
3. If you want to use an image from google, the best option would be to download it to your local hard drive then upload it to the forum using the "choose avatar" button. There are size limits to the file but I don't know what they are. I tried uploading a 14mp photo earlier and that was spat out, so I'm going to shrink it and try again later.
UPDATE: Hooray! It worked. This picture is 1.71 megabytes with dimensions of 1072x804 pixels. So long as your picture is smaller than this and of the correct format, it will work. Use JPG, PNG or GIF files, otherwise it probably will not be recognized. After uploading your avatar and saving the changes, it probably will not appear, even if you refresh. Don't panic! Force a hard refresh using shift F5 and it will throw away all the cached files for the web page and download the entire thing again.
4. Moving threads between categories and editing and deleting them is a moderator function. I could delete threads if I was so inclined, but that would be rare (hopefully anyway).
Your tyrannical moderator hopes that this has been helpful. Have a nice day.
|Thanks for the info PotatoFox! It really helped! Though I also got another things to ask. |
1.) Is it possible to change your profile name? If so, how?
2.) I think I said this before, but not in great detail though, but it's just that how can you switch your thread to another topic wing? Take it this way, what if somebody posts a thread on a certain topic right, and then later, he or she realizes or gets informed that there thread should have been posted on another topic wing. I have been in this kind of situation some times and I want to know that is it possible to change your thread toward another topic wing?
2. It is possible for moderators to use their great and unimaginable powers of evil to move threads. If you think that a thread should be moved then contact me or one of the other moderators and we'll make a decision. We always make decisions, like the UN (though we actually go through with them. LOL! Political jokes!)
|The mark posts as read buttons have stopped working with today's update (The green disks next to threads or forum sections.|
|This sight became really buggy really fast. I've gotten this error message twice in two days :|
Aman has also reported seeing this error message
|Do you know what sections and threads this occurred in?|
|*looks at screen capture image*|
DanWithTheHat: This section is for trouble shooting forum issues. Please keep posts to Bugs that occur and keep small talk out of it.
|It occurred in all sections: I tested it out. I went to the lounge, RP, and Reality. All errors. It lasted about 3 minutes.|
|It may have been when the Coding expert was in the process of changing some stuff around. A lot was being changed yesterday but It seems to be in working order now. Post here if it happens again.|
|I will. Like I said, it happened yesterday also. I'll keep you posted.|
You must be logged in to post to a thread.