You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - HAIL

Forum - Reality - Salutations

Subscribe to this thread HAIL created by BloodyGoldKnight on November 2, 2014

PM Offline
BloodyGoldKnight11/2/14 8:10am
Sup guys just wanted to join the chatter about how awesome dreamkeepers is and maybe make a friend or two in the process. I will apologize in advance if I get really chatty since I am really nervous about joining a forum for the first time. I am a big fan of roleplay games like D&D and have been thinking about making a game in the world of dreamkeepers using D&D 3.7/pathfinder. other than that I hail from great Britain and will add my thoughts on the forums when I don't have to deal with dragon and orc attacks (their a big problem over here).

PM Offline
PotatoFox11/2/14 9:55am
Greetings. I have already done the introductory spiel in the prelude thread but hello again anyway!

PM Offline
Corvus11/2/14 10:30am
Welcome Knight, Generally speaking joining a forum isn't quite as worrying as one would think, as its more or less just a group of people about shared interests, so you should fit in fine.

Anyways, I probably should introduce myself: I am Corvus, one of the less active members of the Forums here as a fair amount of my time is being taken up by assorted tabletop games (card, Board, and Roleplaying), and am probably the go to guy here for Game design feedback/assistance.

With regards to your idea of a D&D/Pathfinder based Dreamkeepers game I would suggest reconsidering the system you are using, as while D&D does a pretty good job at High Fantasy or Magitek(The latter being specifically Eberron) it takes a massive overhaul to get it to play well in the Low Supers and Magitek setting of Modern Anduruna or Middle Ages Supers of the Extollo or Last War of Powers Era (The era from the Age of Kings until the Toll Wars would be nigh impossible to fit the system into) as D&D is largely balanced on the presence of Magic. Given the wide variety of powers a character can have I would personally point you more towards implementing it with a base system more designed for Supers (such as Mutants and Masterminds) run at a fairly low power level, possibly a system intended for more supernatural thriller gameplay(probably a stretch), or ideally a lighter Universal system that you can easily add special rules for your characters' powers (The one I think of is Fate Core or Fate Accelerated, which both happen to be free).

PM Offline
CoolCoyote11/2/14 11:23am
Welcome! We also have an rp thread if your interested. It's just like table top games...only not! Well, it has all the story elements with few dice rolls, which are actually possible on this forum! Just not on this thread.

And also welcome fellow chatter box! I dont do live chat because it doesnt work on my phone so I spam threads instead.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha11/2/14 11:40am
Welcome to the fold, and I don't think it'll be hard to make some friends on here.

PM Offline
BloodyGoldKnight11/2/14 1:46pm
Thanks guys. Also Corvus listening to you I think you are right as mutants and masterminds would probably function the best as it allows modern tech and magic together. There is d20 modern and future for tech but the powers wouldn't fit right and I have actually made Ingrath in mutants and masterminds.

PM Offline
Asora11/3/14 4:13pm
HELLO COMRADE! My name is Asora! Or you could call me Asora! I am that type of guy who jokes around and helps people out who are in need, and comes up with awesome and creative ideas, and since I'm the first one to contact you (which I am not), be ready to see others congratulating and welcoming you to a world of "pure-imagination".

Yep.

So, BloodGoldKight -

Are you ready to see and read topics that are never before discussed in any other thread in the internet, and the ones that are to come in these Forums?

Are you ready to meet new people, who are all good and BADASS and came from the country called "KICK-ASSIA", who are again BADASS and have personal stories and ideas to tell?!

Are you ready to see things that are so awesome, so gruesome, so scary, so sexy stu - wait, wwwwhhhhhat!!!?

(Yeah, I guess you didn't knew huh? In the "LOOKATTHIS!" category, you can see on your computer a thread called "The Official Thread of Naughtiness (18+ Users Only), which in FACT contains........well....ya know....ITS SELF EXPLANATORY!! NO QUESTIONS!!)

Anyways, are you ready, dear brother BloodGoldKight, to see the DK UNIVERSE!?!?!?!?

Let's go then. TO INFINITE AND BEYOND MATHAFUCKAS!!!

*whoosh*

P.S. This is going to be my official greetings for newcomers. Don't judge me........

P.S.S. I have a man punching a bear.

P.S.S.S. Hi.

PM Offline
BloodyGoldKnight11/4/14 5:03pm
I am going to like it here.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat11/4/14 8:37pm
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your time here and make sure to be on the look out for any Nightmares lurking about. :)

PM Offline
Asora11/5/14 11:06am
Yes. Just in case you do find a nightmare, make sure to set it aflame with a flamethrower.....

If it is still alive after that, well, you better run and find another solution. HAVE FUN! :D

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/6/14 7:06am
Hi, I'm MobileCrusader. I'm a mod. I play DnD 3.5 mostly.

PM Offline
Asora11/6/14 7:50am
Mobile...

I know who you are, but I don't know what you want-

*2 minutes later*

....if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.....and I shall hug you.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/6/14 9:53am
"Our bees will blot out the sun."

"Then we shall hug in the shade."

PM Offline
Asora11/22/14 6:43pm
O_O

Um, I think that's a little to far. Let's just do a bro hug. Good?

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/22/14 10:37pm
Its from an old YouTube video.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.