Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/content/65/5369165/tmp/sess_pends3h06t2fr5bsoikil125r6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/65/5369165/html/forum/header.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/65/5369165/html/forum/header.php:3) in /home/content/65/5369165/html/forum/header.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/65/5369165/html/forum/header.php:3) in /home/content/65/5369165/html/forum/header.php on line 3
You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Forum Maintenance Log

Forum - Reality - Miscellaneous

Subscribe to this thread Forum Maintenance Log created by PotatoFox on August 27, 2014

PM Offline
TalkedSpy9/4/16 6:34pm
Have a feeling once we remove the spam accounts after we reach 1000 users, the count will drop harder than the Youtube Sub Purge.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha9/11/16 9:32pm
Well, the spambots are slowly being weeded out so I doubt it'll be that big of a difference. A slight drop due to the ones that slip through the cracks there. But the inactive ones'll be a bigger jump since people seem to make an account and then forget about it.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha9/25/16 1:01pm
I hate to double post, but speaking of spambots, I think I found a few more:
Your3198E (I think it's a security system bot)
Mohz1l0que (Diesel injector salesbot)
rumah (I don't...actually know. It's kind of a nest of links)

PM Offline
Prometheus9/26/16 11:14am
Looks like the first two are confirmed spam. Rumah looks to maybe be some kind of a librarian scholar with a plethora of social media accounts across multiple branches. Still, it looks suspicious, so all three will be dealt with.

Thanks again, ZycantAlpha. ^^

Edit: After running rumah's "Rumah Murah Hunian Nyaman Dan Strategis" quote thru Google Translate, it says "Cheap houses Residential Comfortable And Strategic"

So, rumah is definitely a spammer. According to Translate, the quote was Indonesian. Quite a few spam accounts are coming from Indonesia, apparently.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha10/14/16 11:26pm
I'm starting to think this is becoming my unofficial job.

Cliv3h3rY - deals in iPhone repair apparently

womenfootwear - no links (for once) but seems like a bot nonetheless

pramuka - I actually think this is the same site that "rumah" was...trying to link to. I think this might be the first duplicate.

PM Offline
Prometheus10/15/16 7:49pm
Heh, sorry about that. I don't patrol for bots as often as I should. XD But, thanks nonetheless.

All bots and pramuka does look like a duplicate of rumah, but slightly different. They will be dealt with.

PM Offline
TalkedSpy10/16/16 1:46pm
Zycant has become the new second-hand man. Kirito is MIA but still alive.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha10/21/16 8:24am
I don't mind, honestly. I just find it funny since I'm the only non-mod who does note this.

Speaking of which: theastris1 - It's a site for an attorney.

PM Offline
Prometheus10/21/16 1:52pm
Just went on patrol to investigate this user and found another one that escaped our notice since August. Thanks again for your diligence. ^^;

Samoke10sS
Law firm in San Antonio, TX.

theastris1
Investment fraud securities attorney in Las Vegas, NV.

PM Offline
Prometheus10/29/16 7:33pm
Appears we have some new bots. Time to clean 'em out. XP

F0oLd1964
Texas infrared inspection services, based in Houston, TX.

Fullsizeex
Japanese sex doll creator somewhere in the U.S. (this one gave me a laugh XD)

Janetbr
Has a link to what appears to be a political website. Possibly a forum. This bot has been around for a few months.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha11/6/16 5:09pm
BuTc43y is the most recent one I can see. Looks like it's iPhone repair.

PM Offline
Prometheus11/8/16 10:00pm
Indeed it is. Thanks, ZycantAlpha. ^^

BuTc43y
iPad repair service in Redmond, WA.

PM Offline
Prometheus11/16/16 1:22pm
Located another spambot.

Th4dsl960
Salmon fishing lodge in Anchorage, AK.

PM Offline
Prometheus12/2/16 10:53pm
Found a new one. This one actually posted a comment in bigbishounen's greeting thread.

machetered159
Seems to be pitching a chat site for reviewing essay assignments.

EDIT: Adding a screencap of the bot's comment to act as a base for what spam comments look like.

http://i.imgur.com/baiY1fR.jpg

You must be logged in to post to a thread.

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/65/5369165/tmp/sess_pends3h06t2fr5bsoikil125r6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0