You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Martial Arts

Forum - DK Lounge - General

Subscribe to this thread Martial Arts created by Canthui on May 22, 2014

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha7/23/14 6:50pm
"I've kept myself alive for hundreds of years on a steady diet of jealousy and hate, awaiting the day I would finally eclipse the foolishness of the Dreamkeepers who didn't view the Nightmares for what they truly are."

Something like that?

PM Offline
MobileCrusader7/23/14 7:56pm
Lol yea. I was reminded of him with the armor plating line though.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale7/24/14 5:32am
That makes me wonder, do they have friendly and official or legal stadium competitions like boxing, wrestling, taekwondo, mixed martial arts, or any of that sort, with proper rules and training?

PM Offline
MobileCrusader7/24/14 5:16pm
I dunno... The government doesn't seem like one to condone any sort of fighting, even if its organized and sport.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale7/26/14 12:34am
I read in the Dreamworld section here that they somehow organized an Olympic event a long time ago.

PM Offline
Kymastrider12/4/14 6:24pm
If any sort of organized fighting like martial arts are outlawed, that's going to be problematic for creating my next DK character, it was going to be an orphan character who was adopted and raised in the Kojiki district by an monk sort of DK character who owns a dojo and trains young DK's self defense.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha12/4/14 6:34pm
It's still possible, even if it isn't technically "legal" you can still let him/her get trained by a monk who doesn't necessarily believe that the laws against self-defense are just.

PM Offline
Kymastrider2/8/15 1:18pm
I asked on the chat last week, he mentions they do have competitive fighting sports in Anduruna like Boxing and martial arts, however because of the amount of safety regulations imposed over the years it can barely be called fighting now. So the only real fighting you can see now is in underground fighting circuits.

He also mentioned, that they have something like martial arts in Kojiki (don't know what the actual name of it is) as it's an important part to there culture and that they also have things like dojo's. But again because of safety regulations it's taught more like aerobics classes (unless they change the name of some of the techniques they teach) So the only real martial arts skills you can learn or matches you can observe are in underground Kojiki matches, he does mention that there a little more disciplined with there fighting then the underground fighting rings of the other districts.

PM Offline
crazyhead422/8/15 8:46pm
Oh no. If no one is allowed even to fight for fun, then this town is going down. Seriously, there is no way anyone is going to survive any sort of tragedy! A TORNADO could destroy everything Anduruna has to offer and no one could clean up the mess!

PM Offline
Vermiform2/20/15 10:53am
Illegal fight clubs are the best way to learn martial arts, or at least first aid skills anyway.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.