You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Favorite Ratchet and Clank game?

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Favorite Ratchet and Clank game? created by ezioauditore97 on February 23, 2014

PM Offline
ezioauditore972/23/14 8:05pm
Okay so with our favorite heroic Lombax and his witty robotic friend what was your favorite outing of their's?
A good argument could probably be made that the older ones were longer and were more focused at hardcore gamers but I absolutely love the "Future" games especially "Crack in Time" with it's wonderfully heartwarming yet bittersweet story and it's eye pleasing cel-shaded graphics that are an absolute treat to gaze upon!Most games nowadays are so boringly realistic in their color palette but the Ratchet and Clank games have always been so colorful.If you have ever played "A Crack in Time" make sure to play "Into the Nexus" since it acts as a great footnote to the "Future" saga.The gravity puzzles are a really fun thing to challenge your brain and the "Thugs 4 Less" group from "Going Commando" return so that you can laugh at how hilariously incompetent they are (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owADK30VlP0 Funny vid introducing the tournament they have in the game) and then give them what all bad guys out for Ratchet's demise get.It also gleefully teases at the future of the franchise for when Insomniac is done developing "Sunset Overdrive" for the XBOX ONE(Funny how they're doing an XBOX ONE exclusive) and if the movie does well in theater we can all look forward to more cartoon heroics from the likeable duo.
So what was your favorite game in the series?

PM Offline
MobileCrusader2/23/14 8:33pm
Im a fan of the older games... enough to buy the collection for PS3... but i have not ever played the newer ones so i have no idea how they hold up.

PM Offline
GodofVelcro2/23/14 8:57pm
I personally like "Up Your Arsenal", the newer games for the PS3 just look kind of weird to me.

PM Offline
ezioauditore973/7/14 9:05am
The newer ones are pretty awesome(If a bit shorter and easier)but the story in them's a lot better and heartwarming.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader3/7/14 12:06pm
Yea, I'll admit the old games have a whack story.

PM Offline
ezioauditore973/7/14 5:38pm
Dr.Nefarious was so funny when he first debuted in "Up your arsenal" though and he's almost as much of a mainstay in the series as Qwark nowadays.

PM Offline
p3nguin326/23/14 10:50pm
"Up Your Arsenal" would have to be my favorite, but "A Crack in Time," is a close second. Although, to be fair, I love them all. Also can't wait for the movie to come out.

PM Offline
GodofVelcro6/25/14 8:30am
I recently got "Deadlocked" (A wee bit late, I know), and it is really fun. Relatively good storyline, I like the arena combat aspect of it. However, the arena combat aspect of it is ALL of it. It just doesn't have the openness of the other games.

PM Offline
FoxPhantom6/25/14 7:53pm
I liked the first game, it was fun and challenging to play. though it was the only one I got. But still I thought how the game was a really excellent game insomniac unleashed.

PM Offline
ezioauditore976/26/14 5:04pm
The first is getting remade alongside that new movie likely with less challenging checkpoints and minus the big fish of death(Ever tried swimming in the originals than you were supposed to ) plus revised jokes so that it doesn't warrant a T-rating anymore so that it is more appealing to younger gamers.

PM Offline
Kymastrider2/2/15 9:31am
(These are my favorite Ratchet and Clanks for Greatest to Least)

A Crack in Time
Into the Nexus
Tools of Destruction
Up Your Arsenal
Going Commando
Deadlocked
Ratchet and Clank (original)
Quest for Booty
Size Matters
All-4-One

(I have never played Full Frontal Assault, or Secret Agenst Clank)

You must be logged in to post to a thread.