You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - The Indigo Twins

Forum - DK Lounge - Characters

Subscribe to this thread The Indigo Twins created by Tenebrae on June 8, 2013

PM Offline
Tenebrae6/8/13 12:42pm
Starting this up because we need a thread for these 2!
So, any theories on why they're in the Troika?
Why are they infatuated with Igrath?

Figured these topics would be a good way to get this thread going.

PM Offline
MrAerospace6/8/13 4:47pm
Well, it's hard to figure that one out. All I've managed to do is reduce the possibilities down slightly:
- They are 23, so they are too young to be Toll War orphans, so we can scrap that idea.
- They are also too young to know any better about Viscount Liddo's dodgy social/tax reforms.
- They would have been ~12 when Igrath was accused of murdering his wife.

Pretty much any one of the billion other possibilities is true. Go figure!

PM Offline
Wulfspyder6/8/13 7:45pm
Maybe Igrath saved their lives at some point following his accusation?

PM Offline
Tenebrae6/9/13 7:40pm
Possible.
Also, I remembered something after my initial post:
They've gone through 3 different color schemes in the novels now;
I realize their getup in volume 2? during the holiday and the raid on Igrath's safe house was most likely just paint, but the colors of their fur/hair during the scene shortly after and then the scenes at the club in volume 3 are different.

It doesn't seem like much, and i fully realize the following is far from canon, but could it be a hint? From the Galleries page of this website, the link to the Commisions section shows them using a Power to change fur color.
Could it be a hint that their powers involve changing their appearance? It's a long-shot, but tasty food for thought...

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha6/9/13 7:57pm
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was revealed that this was their exact power. They modify the color of their fur. Another facet (if I'm remembering right) is that their power is also linked to each other. Which ever two colors one chooses, the other has the reciprocal colors.

PM Offline
Tenebrae6/10/13 10:28am
interesting...
It's funny, because it's so fitting, personality-wise. Anyways, does anyone have a link to said reveal from the Lilies? Anyways, I think they're a very.. odd duo. Hilarious though, second only to Namah.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat6/11/13 8:07am
At the end of the crowd scene in Volume two, the twins actually do use their power to change the color of their fur as they escape. Look for the halos.

PM Offline
ezioauditore977/6/13 8:04am
That they do!

PM Offline
CalicoYorki8/15/13 2:43pm
I have stories to share. <3

[Spoilers? Probably Not.]

The Indigos' full names are Indi and Digo Marrallang.

Mar'allang(?) is the name of two sisters from the mythology of the Aborigines, who both fell in love with and married the same man.

Either way, the two are endless fun. :D

PM Offline
Prometheus8/16/13 12:35pm
@CalicoYorki

Heh. Well, that makes sense. XD Poor Igrath...

PM Offline
CalicoYorki9/26/13 3:37pm
I have a theory.

The sisters are polar opposites in personality - hence, the inverted color-patterns.

One sister has to be convinced to do something alluring, the other sister looks for an excuse.

One is cautious, the other is more gung ho.

The jury's still out on their exact personalities,

But I think -that's- why they're twins with inverted colors and patterns:

They're the dreamkeepers of twin sisters with opposing personalities.

But they love each other very much.*

* And Igrath, of course.

PM Offline
ezioauditore979/26/13 6:37pm
That sure sounds like them alright!

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale8/28/14 8:50am
Hmm, can you guys tell whether it's Indi or Digo by just looking at them, because I may be able to tell when they have conversations, Indi being more of an elder (maybe) because of her bold and serious type, while Digo the youngest (correct me if I'm wrong here) because of her curious and cheerful type, but it's difficult to pinpoint when their mouth is shut. Any ideas?

PM Offline
Prometheus8/28/14 9:37am
Honestly, I can never tell them apart by fur color or personality. From what we have seen of them, I can't really discern which is which just by their talking. Jeneviv and Kalei, on the other hand... well, that's not a good example since one doesn't have the same colors as the other.

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha8/29/14 10:08am
That might have been the intent. Though maybe we'll begin to notice some differences as the comic progresses, right?

You must be logged in to post to a thread.