You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Volume 4: "Descent to the Archives". Discussion Thread! [Spoilers]

Forum - DK Lounge - Story Discussion

Subscribe to this thread Volume 4: "Descent to the Archives". Discussion Thread! [Spoilers] created by TruthQuest on May 1, 2013

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale7/2/15 6:55am
Dan, I think it's time to post that "bite to Dust" results of yours now! XD

PM Offline
Digitigraderobo7/2/15 7:10am
I wonder if Commander Cal ends up on the Troika side sooner or later. He actually wants to protect people, and he is seeing the corruption for himself when Nabonidus ordered the city to release the Neon Knives, He just happens to be on the wrong side.

PM Offline
FoxBrethren7/2/15 10:34am
I'd say reluctant ally is likely for Cal. He probably has no love for power users, but he wants to do what's right. It'll put him at odds with the Troika for sure, but common foes can bring people together.

Ok... Bast was adorable and endearing throughout the volume to me. Even if it was sad, little Bast was cute and it explains the first Prelude appearance so well. Also his final power release, remembering his mom, he seems motivated by the desire to not let anyone else die for him. A motivation he shares with Mace, now if they could just see eye to eye.

There's so much more to say but I'll leave it at this for now: the foundation tour area's lights, makes excellent rave potential.

PM Offline
BigEasy7/2/15 8:35pm
Vi stuffs her bra with grenades.
That is all.

PM Offline
Womp7/2/15 9:25pm
The Bast page made me cry a lot. Understanding why he turned out the way he did and why he wears the scarf just broke my heart. Is that Ravat in the portrait in the lower right?

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale7/3/15 5:56am
Yep, I believe that's Ravat in the picture. Actually, he's in most pictures.

Now what I wanna know is, what was Bast's mother's history? And yeah, I think Ravat somewhat changed; he seems like he was once a good man.

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat7/3/15 6:54am
I have a feeling the event that made him the cold blooded killer he is will be just as hard to read as Bast's flashback. Something changed him in the toll wars.

PM Offline
Prometheus7/3/15 11:20am
With the Characters section off-limits to anything V4-related, I feel the need to post some themes for V4 scenes. For the time being, I'll post 'em here. ^^

Subterranean Skirmish (Main Five and Troika vs Tendril and Tinsel):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF8ffrNS5ZE (Forced Hand - Metal Gear Solid 4: GotP OST)

Mace and the Spirit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upqsjzp2w5Q (Fortress Ambience - Freespace: The Great War OST)

A Child's Living Nightmare (Bast's Flashback):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaUkROjbHc (Noble Sacrifice - Kenji Yamamoto)

That's all for now. ^^

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier7/3/15 4:05pm
So I just finished up. And Holy hell was that just amazing. The art was fantastic, the plot really just skyrocketed, and just couldn't put it down man ^^

Only problem is not enough Wisp, with that said V4 get's a 6/10. :P

PM Offline
GPedde7/3/15 7:20pm
I have to agree. More Wisp is really the only way this volume could have been any better. :D

But man.... I just finished my first read through and I was a on an emotional roller coaster. It hit me in the feels so dang hard. As awesome as all the hardcore action moments were, I really appreciated the superb writing and character development in the more subtle moments as well.

So many questions answered, and so many new questions and possibilities to ponder. Volume 5 can't come soon enough.

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier7/3/15 7:42pm
Oh man another Wisp avatar. I think I found my new best friend on here :D

I was on the same boat, it gave me the same feeling reading the other volumes for the first time. Strange how well he manages to do that.

PM Offline
GPedde7/3/15 7:52pm
Lol yup, she's awesome. So many other great characters to love, but even now, Wisp remains my #1. Can't wait to see how things develop for her later on.

I think what I actually enjoyed the most was seeing a lot the characters involved in the preludes all come back together after that last big battle. I keep thinking about all the catching up they would have to do and wondering what their conversations would be like.

Like getting together with family and friends you haven't seen in a very long time..... Lol, I'm getting all emotional again.

PM Offline
Digitigraderobo7/3/15 7:59pm
^ Yeah, after reading Prelude, those last few scenes shot me full of feels that's gonna last a good long time.

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier7/3/15 8:00pm
Ah man, I feel ya. I haven't payed much attention to the Prelude in a while, but It was nice to see them and stuff :>

I'm actually banking after a few volumes Wisp will have some sort of coming of age development. That'd be awesome.

PM Offline
Digitigraderobo7/3/15 8:04pm
Wisp always has some of the best lines imo.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.