You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Favorite anime?

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Favorite anime? created by ezioauditore97 on March 25, 2013

PM Offline
WiseOwlReader2/19/14 7:31am
I've fallen off the bandwagon when it comes to Naruto. Sigh. It used to be alluring but now Kishimoto is just pulling Shamylanian twists out of his ass and giving 'upgrades' to characters to make them powerful. I liked the mystery behind Tobi's character who was revealed to be Madara. Then Obito. God, I wanted depth! Not another DBZ ripoff.

Sorry for the rant. I'll get back on track.

As for the anime's I do watch, there's Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I liked Bleach before Kubo decided to push the story beyond after Ichigo loses his powers. It was a nice way to end the series in my opinion. Detective Conan is something I watch from time to time. Code Geass is another favorite.

I want to get into Cowboy Bepop, which is a classic.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader2/19/14 7:38am
Some of my favorites include Code Grass, Welcome to the NHK, Samurai 7, and the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

As for AB!, I'm one of those guys that hated the lack of depth and rips on it all the time lol.

Its been so long since I've discussed anime...

PM Offline
dyingdutchman2/19/14 9:06am
Slayers, Trigun,Cowboy Bebop,Death Note, fullmetal alchemist, highschool of the dead, sword art online
i enjoyed all of these a lot

PM Offline
RubahaParen4/24/14 6:48am
From latest good anime is "Kill la Kill", "Wolf child Ame and Yuki".

Dont know about "Attack on Titan", not watched yet.

PM Offline
joeden4/24/14 7:57am
I loved kill la kill and i just finished Shakugan no shana that was amazing

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/24/14 11:20am
I have only seen the first season of Shana... But it was good.

PM Offline
joeden4/24/14 2:53pm
it gets better and the seeking researcher is well he's the seeking reseacher and probably one of the most deadly/retarded characters i've seen and he's funny as hell

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/24/14 2:59pm
I'll have to pick it back up this summer.

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier6/13/14 12:44pm
Anime's been something I've wanted to get into for a while, but I don't know which ones are good to start off with. There's too damn much anime D:

Though From what I HAVE seen, I really enjoy this one movie called 3x3 Eyes. Very interesting late 80's anime I found was sampled by one of my favorite bands, Atari Teenage Riot XD

PM Offline
FoxPhantom6/14/14 7:17am
gundam 00 is one of my favorites, I also liked Big O, Gurren Lagann, gundam unicorn, Gundam wing, Code geass, trigun, cowboy bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, digimon, pokemon, Hamtaro, and Naruto.

been watching .hack-sign recently.

PM Offline
Prometheus6/14/14 6:31pm
I'm torn between DBZ and Code Geass. DBZ being my childhood favorite and Code Geass being story-intensive.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader6/21/14 2:36pm
.hack//sign was not as good as it could have been. I honestly liked roots more.

PM Offline
WiseOwlReader9/19/14 8:19am
I watched Puella Magia Madoka Magica, honestly, I cried throughout that show. Gen Urobuchi just loves hitting you in the feels! It's like he has a thing for Shakespearean tragedy, especially since he's behind Fate/stay night, Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai.

I've also begun to watch Cowboy Bepop, It's really good. I haven't watched beyond the first episode though, but I'll get more into it.

PM Offline
ST34LTH12/12/14 9:07am
My favourites amongst anime, hmmm...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Undoubtably one of the best animes ever in my opinion. Its dark and gritty portrayal of its world, the well done plot (that only stop intensifying when it ends) and the well done balance of power in the cast, are all just big pluses in its favour.

Code Geass
The intelligence plays, while not entirely unpredictable, are just plain awesome. The limitations of the protagonists powers, necesitating creative and tactical thinking, instead of typical powerhousing is one of its biggest pluses for me.

Elfen Lied
An unusual anime (at least for me), but I quite like it. Beyond the beautiful scores, I can't really explain why... it's just good.

Okami to Koshinryo; (Wolf & Spice)
For anyone who likes the middle ages/rennaisance and something more down-to-earth/serious, then this one's gotta be a win... well, at least for me :3

Macross Frontier
Think of me what you will; I've heard a lot of people don't see anything in this, but I do... and no, it's not those otherwise extremely well done mecha fights.

Other than those, I do like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Bleach, One Piece, Hellsing, etc. but just not as much as the above-mentioned ones. I also hold Soul Eater in pretty high regards, I just didn't feel like it actually made the top-list, even with its awesome cast and some very nice scores :S

P.S.: Do people here watch them subbed or dubbed? I personally prefer original languages with all media and therefore I usually watch it subbed/raw, when I can. (Subbed when japanese though :P)

PM Offline
Kirito12/12/14 1:50pm
SAO,

Deathnote,

Attack on Titan,

Soul Eater

@stealth Subbed, Dubbed is just blargh

You must be logged in to post to a thread.