You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Beyond Starfall- OOC/Roster

Forum - Roleplay - Headless Room

Subscribe to this thread Beyond Starfall- OOC/Roster created by Shadow99611 on March 16, 2013

PM Offline
Shadow996113/16/13 9:02pm
Beyond Starfall

In today's culture we like to imagine a survival type situation. One of hot and dry weather, sand, and desolation. He like the thought of fighting in the elements, water, attire, food, all of it up for grabs.

The desert is easy mode. Try it in the cold.

Hypothermia, dehydration due to eating snow, hidden crevasses, overly large mammals who are hungrier, and larger than you. Keeper's who have lost their senses in a blizzard. And the ever-present danger of something evil buried in the old ice.

Far north of the star fall mountains is where you'll look, on a massive and permanent ice field, kept cold by a current in the northern sea branding cold water and air, leaving it a warm -20 F on a good day.

Andurunian common money holds very little stock here. Food, weapons, and services are the currency. A simple meal of bread and water could cost THOUSANDS to buy. The currency accepted ubiquitously anywhere are shinestars, which due to their odd properties, and quite rare, yet extremely valuable to anyone.

A company known as Minecorp has begun mining for rare metals under the ice, specifically, shinestars, a rare type of mineral formed from the old ice only found north of Starfall. This company accepts new workers, and also is the main user of Andurunian currency. They are willing to hire able bodied people for mine work, or hired guns, as the natives aren't quite on friendly terms. They provide many standardized pieces of equipment that are hard to find in the native villages.

The natives are spread throughout the large ice field (the exact size will be determined after I get geographical data from Twillight, but it's bigger than the entire map on the main website, if possible) And have odd jobs and trials to prove your merit. Their weapons and equipment is less standardized, but more durable, and can withstand punishment, if not always the highest quality. Gain their trust, and you find yourself with powerful allies.

All the villages are small, the largest settlement is near the ICEPACK MINE, which is roughly 4000 keepers, all working for Minecorp.

And underlying all the petty struggles is something in the ice, an ancient evil, second only to the nightmares, and it is waking up.

Have you come here for work? Adventure? 'starmining'? War? Research? It matters not.

Hell has frozen over, and you are welcome to it.

Now that I have your attention, I want to lay down some ground rules, before I even start describing character requirements,

1- MY WORD IS LIKE GOD'S VOICE FROM ON HIGH. You get two warnings before I either boot you, or have something nasty happen to your character. This is CONTEXT SENSITIVE, if you are just having trouble understanding something, I'll give you slack, if you actively ignore me, the hammer comes down.

2- YOUR CHARACTER CAN DIE. I will be the judge of who lives and who dies in player v npc's/environment. If you fight someone else, you will roll moves to ensure fairness, again, this is context sensitive. If you do not feed your character, give him/her water, keep them out of the cold, or aren't prepared, the environment shall punish them, and WILL end in death if you do not rectify the situation. You may make another character after you die.

3- YOU MUST BE CALM. Don't go crazy on posting as I know people are wont to do. If you surpass a page, stop, and wait for a majority of people to get back online.

4- THERE IS A PLOT, BUT YOU CAN GO YOUR OWN WAY. This is planned as a pretty freeform rp, where you can make your own plots and discoveries, but be wary, even if you ignore the bigger struggle, it'll find a way to drag you in. Your best bet is to either join a group of people, or pair up with a buddy to help survive.

5- YOU MUST SAY OOGA BOOGA. If you reserve a spot, or make a character sheet, (you can reserve a spot, and be counted as 'in' before I approve a character) you must say ooga booga, or you will not be accepted.

6- I'M NOT AN EXPERT, BUT I'M CLOSE ENOUGH. I live in Alaska, and have EXPERIENCED -60 degree weather. It's not going to be pretty, and unless you've spent more time than i have in the cold, you aren't going to convince me.

7- BE LOGICAL. A 16 year old isn't going to do well here. You CAN enter with one, but don't expect him/her to live long, as I will nerf them to what I think should be their skill level for their proper age.

8- WHAT IS THIS WHY IS THERE MORE RULES??!?! IM SICK OF READING!! Righto, onto character info.

Like I said before, this is still in the works, and I want a map before starting, but your character must have a few solid requirements.

1- A complete inventory check. This may be freeform, but you cannot just pull extra food or water or ammo or money from nowhere. I expect you to keep track of it all, but write it out in your sheet initially, so I can get an idea of what should be necessary.

2- You don't have to start totally new. I know this sounds like a video game, but you can start as a villager, a longtime employee, or a general traveler, or someone new if you wish. It's all up to you.

3- I HOLD FINAL SAY OVER WHO GOES AND WHO DOESN'T. A repeat of rule number one, but if I think your char's overpowered, I will suggest 'nerfing' to them, so you can use them, just in a more reasonable state.

4- CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Power (optional/undiscovered):
Appearance (A DETAILED textual description is acceptable)
History (you MUST put something down):
Skills (ie: good cook, combat experience etc.):
Inventory:
Reason for coming to ice fields:
Other (optional):

5-there are limited spaces, but I'll leave no cap on it for now based on the interest. I'm only human, so I don't want to overload myself.

Feel free to comment and question before making a sheet, this is still in the rough stages, and I hope to get other input.

That's all for now. Who's up for the cold?

SHADOW'S GUIDE TO SURVIVING IN THE COLD

Welcome traveler! If you've made it to this point, you're probably seriously considering joining the cold and frozen wastes with the rest of us. GREAT! But are you truly prepared? A winter coat won't cut it for the cold temperatures, and do you even have what it takes to SURVIVE a day? I'm here to help! These guidelines and data points may help you with your character and roleplaying, since you CAN die, it might be worth the extra look, as I'll punish those who take the cold for granted.

Section 1- basic survival

1: DO NOT EAT SNOW. If you eat snow for water, you'll actually dehydrate faster, and speed your demise along much quicker.

2: BUNDLE UP. Layer yourself in clothing. This is insulated pants, coats, gloves, hats , goggles, the like!

3: KEEP YOUR WATER CLOSE TO YOUR BODY. Preferably inside your coat on in a pocket. If you don't, it'll freeze in the open air. And you will probably die.

4: FEAR THE HEAT. You have two problems if it warms up. One, snow on your coat could melt, and get you wet (rule 5), then when it refreezes you'll have a problem. Warm weather typically indicates a snowstorm is rapidly approaching, so dig a hole, and hunker down!

5: DONT GET WET. You may be thinking, "Hah! My furry 'keeper's fur will keep him safe from most of the element, SCREW YOU reptiles!" Yeah? Try accidentally dunking yourself in a spring. You will almost instantly freeze all the water, and for the furry folk, have fun drying off in the middle of the ice field.

6: BUDDY UP. A friend can be extremely useful, more so than even food or a gun, a friend can pull you out of a crevasse, share body heat, and keep you moving if you've succumbed to the intense cold.

Section 2- Information for the warm weather denizens

-Hypothermia is one of the nicest ways to go. You are freezing, and then slowly feel as if you get hot, so hot in fact, you feel like you would be fine without you gear, and you just fall asleep, and never wake up.

-Exposed skin is a candidate for frostbite, not a huge deal for furry keepers, but a warning nonetheless

-Breathing HURTS below -10. The cold air is so cold it's actually painful to breath, and so you should cover your mouth with something to diffuse the cold.

-Things freeze almost instantly around -30, including spit. Yeah, you can spit and have it go 'clunk' instead of 'splat'.

-Moving around generates heat, so try to keep moving. The longer you stay still the more heat you lose and do not generate, and you will die.

Section 3- FAQ
This little section will be expanding as I see issues crop up.

Map: http://i1279.photobucket.com/download-albums/y535/Trapper99611/.highres/map_zps4f244e72.png

Approved characters:

Shadow99611 (GM)

Name: Derick Johnson
Power (optional/undiscovered): Spacial projection. It allows Derick to project himself anywhere, somewhat like a hologram. It is immensely useful for communication. The projection cannot alter the environment in any way, and the further he is form the target, and harder it is to maintain the link.
Appearance (A DETAILED textual description is acceptable): A mixture of Tabby and Labrador retriever. He's old, losing his former glory rapidly with graying fur and a general 'slumped' appearance. His face is tighter than a lab's, but still hold the kind puppy dog eyes they're famous for. He is striped grey and whitish yellow, though the grey outweighs the yellow. He typically wears a suit of some sort. Along with large glasses.
History (you MUST put something down): Derick is the CEO and founder of Minecorp. After watching his father flounder in a terrible economy, he put his business intellect to the test, and founded a small mining corporation. It floundered almost instantly, and for a period of years  only existed on paper. But then someone from Ruskol made noise about a new mineral, found beyond the Starfall mountains. Derick gathered up the rest of his money, and set up a small mining camp. He hit the motherload. Shinestars were discovered, and became more valuable than even gold or flo-wood seeds due to it's rarity and special properties. Minecorp grew almost instantly from a no-name mining corporation, to the largest single company outside of Anduruna. Derick now resides in his office in the sabboton towers, occasionally checking in on the mining operations.
Skills (ie: good cook, combat experience etc.): buisiness. Money making. Mining.
Inventory: N/A

Name: Roger Secant
Power (optional/undiscovered): Ability to see though non-high destiny material (x-Ray vision if you will)
Appearance (A DETAILED textual description is acceptable): The ferret is small, around 3 feet tall, but is extremely fluffy, brown fur arching at least a half foot out from his body, allowing him to operate in the cold even though he's quite short. He wears goggles most of the time, and has the standard issue cold-weather gear from Minecorp on. 
History (you MUST put something down): Always the runt of the litter, Roger turned his attentions to research at a very young age, choosing to distance himself from the rest of society. As a result, he sometimes simply forgets over people exist, and can't hear his thoughts in his head. He's a crack whiz at just about anything mechanical or scientific, but you have to get his attention fully focused before he'll actually accomplish anything.
Skills (ie: good cook, combat experience etc.): Very adept in general sciences, with a focus on cryology. He has no combat experience, but has basic survival training.
Reason for coming to the ice fields: He was offered a remote research job by Minecorp some years ago, and has simply been there ever since. 
Inventory:
Cold weather gear (goggles the like)
Data stick (a cold weather replacement for the data scroll. Made of a tough material, the stick shows barometric pressure, temp, and other numerical info. Can also double as a short communication device between similar devices)
Water canteen
Supplies for one person one day
Notebook
Pack

Thegunner18

Name: Soren Kjær

Species: British Columbian Wolf

Height: 6' 1"

Halo Colour: Icy blue.

Power: Runic terrakinesis.

Soren is able to brand the ground in front of him with 12 different, ancient runes which outline the shape a triangle. Each of these runes cause different things to happen depending on which ones are chosen and in what order; the grooves in the ground that make up the symbols glow a potent, icy blue - hence the colour of his halo. Once he chooses the runes they seem to almost imprint themselves into his mind, causing an excruciating, burning headache, although 'headache' is quite the understatement. 

The number of runes chosen is what determines how powerful the effect of the power is. However, as the number Soren picks increases, the less stable he becomes and the harder it is to control. If he isn't careful and uses too many, it's very easy that he could kill himself and others around him.

The effect of choosing the symbols and then using them is first and foremost Earth-based, such as shockwaves that can knock people off their feet and dust storms which blind people for a while. Things like lava can also be incorporated, although that's very, very dangerous.

Appearance: To put it simply, Soren isn't someone that you'd go to to ask for advice on what you should wear to, well, anywhere, really. His clothes are all rather inconspicuous and he doesn't believe in anything called 'fashion'. You'll hardly ever find him wearing something that isn't just one colour. Black, red, blue, he'll take anything. 

Apart from pink. 

That colour really drives him crazy. Why? Not even he knows, but he wished he hadn't let that slip during his younger days. Now everyone he knows seems to wind him up about it.

At the end of the day, though, clothes all do the same thing, don't they? To him it was just...illogical to buy stupidly expensive clothing. Whatever it is that Soren sees first, he'll put on. Other than his favourite pair of camouflage cargo shorts, that is. Despite their rather old appearance, that wear and tear makes them more appealing to Soren. To him, they're a reminder of his past experiences. 

Obviously, his choice in clothing gives a very casual demeanour to him, which may seem unprofessional to some others who work in the same field as he does. In fact, it just makes him more comfortable and means he's able to work better. 

Soren really doesn't like drawing attention to himself and, luckily, the colour of his fur contributes to his overall eye-catching appearance in almost no way whatsoever. A black band of fur runs around the outside of his eyes and across the sides of his head, almost acting like an eye-mask. That, and a large tuft of black fur that droops over his left eye are the only two things that could, possibly, bring some sense of 'liveliness' to his all brown fur. 

Well, maybe the fact that part of his right ear is missing due to an...incident...with a thief could make him stand out a bit more, unfortunately for him. But he just tries to forget that. In terms of his other facial features, however, he's been told that they're very 'soft'. What that means, though, he has no idea. All he knows is that he seems to be managing to get a lot of attention from woman. Even though Soren generally tries to act quite cool around them, he actually feels very awkward in their presence.

Personality: Diligent, ambitious, outgoing, Soren is one confident S.O.B who's determined to make his mark on the world. If a revolutionary find is in reach of him, nothing will stop him from getting to it. Not even the law if he can possibly help it. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, no opportunity like that had ever arisen. Perhaps if one ever had, he would have locked horns with law enforcement on more than one occasion and the outcome would not have been good.

Ambition is Soren's drug, so to say.

Any of his discoveries, though, are purely for the benefit of the people of Anduruna. Or, at least, that's what Soren insists. To be honest, nobody really has any reason to disbelieve him. He's, truthful and straight to the point, especially when he's in the middle of his work. He doesn't generally take interruptions lightly and no matter who it is, he'll definitely...let them know. 

Getting to know Soren on a more personal level brings out a very caring, kind-hearted person who's always willing to listen to the troubles of others and lend a hand where a hand needs lent. He loves to joke around with his friends now and then just to get away from the stress that his work sometimes imposes on him. However, love itself is something that's eluded him so far. He has quite a few admirers, yes (most of those against his will) but he doesn't particularly feel anything for them.

The young wolf is a big fan of just blasting out some really laid back, bluesy rock music whilst he gets on with work or if he's just relaxing somewhere. So if you visit him or he visits you, then you can expect him to want music on at some point. That's whether you like it or not, really...

Bio: A real up-and-coming talent in Geology, Soren had taken a keen interest in Anduruna and its origins from an early age, much to the surprise of his parents and friends; they certainly weren't expecting Soren to be so engrossed in the world and how it worked but they respected his decision, nonetheless. Even when the odd person did decide to ridicule him, he was far too busy studying the physical processes that had shaped Anduruna or other things like that.

Being born into a family with a relatively poor background made it difficult for Soren to get a good, solid footing in the world of education but when he got the opportunity, he immediately and fervidly grasped it with both hands and never looked back. Right from the outset of his education, he's had the vision that he would eventually be able to fully repay what his family had given him over his lifetime and he'd be able to help them out of the financial trouble they had been in ever since he had been a small child.

Hard work, perseverance and assiduity were all that really mattered to Soren as he began working his way through school life meaning he rarely had time for many recreational activities, despite how much he enjoyed them. The outdoors was where Soren felt the most comfortable but, unfortunately for him, school didn't really offer too much in the way of teaching whilst outdoors, so he took it upon himself to get outside and study what he loved. Besides, he wasn't going to get anywhere in life just by sitting around on his ass all day, was he? Especially as Geology kind of required a love of the outdoors.

When Soren turned 18, nearly all the universities in Ruskol were more than happy to accept him into their ranks as it wasn't every day that someone like Soren came along; it was only a matter of choosing the best one and which one would push him to the limits of his potential. Thankfully, when he did make the choice, he knew it was the right one.

To Soren's joy, every single day in the university was a new challenge for him and he relished the opportunity to advance his knowledge of Anduruna. The thought that he could be the next big thing in Geology spurred him on to constantly surprise his teachers with his swift understanding of theories about the world and its processes. His life was probably the most uneventful a life could get at that point in time. Everything was all well and good. He passed his advanced Geology degree with flying colours and managed to get a job as a researcher into natural disasters. He wanted to know how they happened, what the signs of a certain natural disaster were and how they could be predicted with more ease.

The job was a very well-paid and sustainable one but after a good few years in the job, he grew bored of it and wanted to do something that would really help get his name out there. To put it simply he needed, and wanted, a bit more danger in his job. 

Motive (reason for coming to the ice field): As it turned out, his wishes were granted a couple of years later, although it was a bitter-sweet moment when the job offer came through. He’d heard of the company before. Minecorp. However, he’d never had any reason to want to know what they were going to be doing out in the Starfall Mountains, but now that they wanted him on their research team he was obliged to find out.

Soren loved the fact that the company was diving into the unknown. What they’d find in the mountains was only held back by his own imagination. Sure, he may have had to work in sub-zero temperatures alongside a population of natives that weren’t the friendliest of people, but the lure of the mystery of the place was hard to resist. Very hard. He had to take the job, for his own sake.

Skills: Soren is a ‘Keeper with a love for the unknown and the danger that comes with it. If you need to find out something about the geographical history or composition of a specific place or object, the he’s your guy; he’ll get it done for you. He’s also surprisingly social for a scientist/researcher, and his negotiation skills are definitely not something to be sniffed at.

Inventory:
1. Antique pocket watch passed down to him through generations in his family.
2. Standard water canteen provided by Minecorp
3. Datascroll 
4. Diary
5. Small sketchpad
6. Pencil

Esayo

Name: Enzii "Blink" 

Species: Lagomorph 

Halo: A prism-like, reflective surface, like a mirror. 

Power: Mimic- The ability to copy any power he sees used, once per use by its originator. As well, the mimic'd ability is weaker than the original. 
Does- Allow him to choose to store a power for later, he does not have to copy every power he sees. 
Does NOT- Allow him to store, or mimic two abilities at once. 
Does NOT- Allow him complete mastery and understanding of the power he mimics.

Appearance: Enzii is a tad-bit short for his age, not obnoxiously so, but he usually stands just a hair or so below others. His fur is a pale bluish-grey, and his eyes are a bright blue. He has one ear, the other having been lost early on in life. His tail is long, and rather puffy, indicating a mixed breeding of some sort. 

Outfit: Consists at base level of an insulated jacket with a collar, and pants tapered at the bottom by gauze. He often wraps a scarf around his neck beneath the collar and up around his muzzle. He has a pair of goggles from an old friend in the Shock Troopers, a usually wears a throw-on hood over his head. 

History: For a large part of his life, he was under the impression his legal name was Blink. Upon birth, his father handed him over to a friend, who ran a rather shady street clan. It was here he was raised, and taught that customs normal society would have found taboo were everyday things. Up until the age of eleven, he had helped kill innocent Keepers, rob graves, and paint symbols in bloody paint. 

All of this ended when the street clan was attacked, and ultimately shut down. He was whisked away to another clan, where he grew to a less naive age. It was in his later teens when he accessed his birth records, and found his real name to be Enzii, rather than Blink. He dawned it immediately, though held Blink as a nickname. 

His next order of business was to find his parents. He wasn't angry with them, -he found it hard to get angry, after growing up surrounded by it, he thought the emotion to be more or less pointless- simply curious. He wanted to know why he was given away to the street clan, nothing more, nothing less. This led him on a rather winding road of sold-houses and quit-jobs. One day, he found his search had taken him too long, finding out his mother had moved to Theophanies, where she soon expired of illness. 

Enzii attended the funeral hoping to see his father there, but would wind up disappointed. Once again he set off on his search, and eventually it led him to prepare a journey to the Starfall Mountains. It became quickly apparent that he wouldn't be able to traverse this vast, all-consuming wasteland on his own, and he joined up with Minecorp. 

At the time, it seemed like the most logical step in finding his father; at least he would be in Starfall. Over his life thus far he'd grown efficient with springers, particularly long-range rifles. That being said he was no stranger to labor, so he signed on as both private security to the company, as well as a miner; with most of his time spent working as the former. 

Joining up with Minecorp at nineteen, he is now twenty-two. He's done his part to help the company, keep it safe, mine the minerals. At first he kept himself secluded from most of the other miners, and security, but over time his old curious and friendly personality came out, and he found himself partaking in his favorite pass-time; making friends. 

At current, he still focuses intently on tracking down his father in his free time; he still believes the man is out there, as no one fitting his description has been seen re-entering the city. Whether or not he's simply chasing ghosts, or fooling himself, is impossible to tell. 

The cold does things to a man. It Freezes you down to your roots, turns your bones to ice and your blood to sleet. One must be careful to stop the same thing from happening to their heart, and their mind. Enzii is doing his best in this respect, but one can endure failure for only so long before it becomes success to them.

Skills: Enzii is a rather good shot at long range, he's very good at focusing when his target is in the distance. That being said his accuracy at close range with rifle and pistol springers is lacking, as he tends to panic. He's proficient in hand-to-hand combat to make up for his weakness with close-range firearms; however his forte will always be long-range, so he's always up to train, and learn more.

Inventory: 
1. A scoped springer rifle equipped to handle the cold.
2. A set of three cylindrical water-thermoses attached to his belt
3. A data scroll
4. A straight-bladed dagger
5. A satchel 
6. A compass
7. A small, fold-out mirror (hand-sized)

Ariaoutlander

Name: Ahri Makala

Power (undiscovered): Bending of Light/Control of Light

Appearance: Ahri is a foxdragon purebreed, who is a perfectly acceptable height for her species, 4' 10". Foxdragons have pure white fur, with red markings. Ahri has a scar on her calf, and two coming across the left side of her muzzle. She has black hair, and spectacularly icy blue eyes, with slitted pupils. Long, crimson red markings that look like scars across her ears. She has normal plantigrade legs. (unlike Aria, my main RP character) Her hair is cut short, as well.

Clothing: Special olive combat boots (with long black socks), insulated snow camo pants and a grey parka with faux fur. She brought her furred winter cap, a mask similar to the shocktroopers, but insulated, and tinted snowboarding goggles, as well as thick gloves.
OOGA BOOGA.
History: The Makala family raised Ahri in the Calypsa district, and the Makala family was once a family of thieves and rouges. Ahri aspired to be a soldier, to break from her lineage, but they (literally) looked down upon her requests to join the city guard, because of her height. She never desisted, and eventually made friends with the guard, a powerful ally to have. They eventually considered letting her enlist after two years, when she turned twenty. She served for a good few years before hearing about expeditions past Starfall. This definitely interested her, as, well, nobody's ever expeditioned past starfall before now. She signed up, and was drafted to be sent to starfall, to her estatic pleasure. She was stationed at the largest minecorp outpost.

Skills: Trained in survival techniques, and trained in use of springers. She learned Bowmanship, and Close Quarters Combat from her father and twin brother, Acri Makala. (She used to call him Acrid) She knows somewhat well how to cook, and she's proficient in use of short blades. She also knows tracking, thanks to her father taking her hunting with a bow up on the starfall mountains.

Inventory (larger due to rucksack): Family Crested Dagger, smithed for her by her father, to fit in her favorite pair of boots.
Two Canteens of Fresh Water that clip on to her belt.
Two days worth of Rations.
a Box of (12) flares.
Her wallet, with 300 lucre, and three photos, one for each of her family members.
(and) a Folder, which goes directly to the chief-in-command of the research operations for Minecorp.

Reason for coming to ice fields: Curiousity, as well as occupation.

Other (optional): She speaks with an exotic accent, common among her family. She's been taken hunting a lot of times with her father Ruual, and brother, Acri. She has a soft spot for nature, and only kills what she has to for food, or, if ever nessicary, self defense.

Roan

Name: Shiloh Hayz

Species: Snow Leopard

Halo: Metallic Orange

Power: Tracking

Power Explanation: Shiloh can track people with her mind. She feels an ellusive pull towards her target, and she can track them if she has seen them, or if they have even noticed her in the Street Clan. This makes it easy to track down somebody if they are needed to be found. For example, if a runaway had crossed the Street Clan and had done something to upset them, Shiloh is the one who thinks it's her responsibility to track them down and kill them. When she finds her target, she can get pretty frustrated while she tracks them down, so she usually goes crazy on them with her chaotic ideas of death. She enjoys her power, but has yet to discover it.

Personality: Shiloh is one who matches up to her name. As her name begins with Shi, she sticks to being shy. Even though she is the quiet one in the Street Clan, she is very sneaky and cunning at thought. When nobody is paying attention, she can take things in a heartbeat. Her skills as stealing and being a thief are pretty impressive. She could rob a security guard and he wouldn't notice his wallet was missing till he had to use it. On the outside, she is hidden and quiet. She isn't one to talk, but likes to listen and enjoys hearing about other peoples lives. When it comes to danger, people think she is one to hide in the shadows, but Shiloh is daring and can be dangerous when she is pissed. If she wants to, she'd sneak right up behind you, get you in a headlock and snap your neck then slink back into the shadows like she did nothing. Shiloh enjoys thrilling herself and feeling the rush of adrenaline when she does something that could risk her life. Even though people might think she's crazy, Shiloh is smart and a pretty cool friend if you got that close to her.

History: Shiloh lost her parents at the age of 8 years old. She can't remember when, but she could care less. The one thing that she remembers most is how her brother, Jared died. It was a hot summer morning, and because it was so warm. Shiloh barely got any sleep. Jared, on the other hand slept like a rock. Shiloh had just ignored her brother, but back then she didn't have a clue what her brother was going through. Jared was only 15, but he was having problems getting through High School. AKA, no friends, bullies, being beat up after school. He'd come home with bruises, but since he'd always been an expert and hiding them, he never managed to be able to show or tell anybody in his family. But since it all happened so suddenly, Shiloh had barely any time to know what was happening. For Jared, because the tough times got so much worse, he killed himself in front of her. Her parents disappeared, and she was left on her own. She lived on the street for a few years till she heard about the ice fields. Shiloh was always up for a challenge, so she moved up to the ice fields to see if she could survive.

Usual Outfit: A thick black thermal long sleeved shirt that is able to keep her body heat. Her fur is pretty fluffy and thick, so that gives her an advantage. She wears thick layered pants that are easy to run in and move around in, but they help by keeping her legs warm so they don't freeze. Shiloh wears some extremely thick maroon colored gloves that she can fold back the fingers when needed.

Description: Shiloh is tall for her age, her Dad being 6'4. She stands at 5'11, almost 6'. She has dark blonde hair that goes down below her shoulder blades, which she usually keeps in a braid. She never lets it fall down. She is skinny, and is fairy strong for being a girl. She can push and shove and pick up heavy things without breaking a sweat sometimes. Shiloh has dark blue eyes with a tint of emerald green at the edges.

Skills: Shiloh is experienced with fighting and very good at being stealthy and great at sneak attacks. However, she is great in the kitchen and a pretty good pianist. But her skills are highest in fighting and hand to hand combat because of how she spent the last 10 years of her life surviving on her own.

Inventory:
1. Pocket knife
2. Small handgun
4. A canteen
5. Small notebook
6. Pen + Pencil
7. Scarf

PM Offline
Roan3/16/13 11:53pm
Name: Shiloh Hayz

Species: Snow Leopard

Halo: Metallic Orange

Power: Tracking

Power Explanation: Shiloh can track people with her mind. She feels an ellusive pull towards her target, and she can track them if she has seen them, or if they have even noticed her in the Street Clan. This makes it easy to track down somebody if they are needed to be found. For example, if a runaway had crossed the Street Clan and had done something to upset them, Shiloh is the one who thinks it's her responsibility to track them down and kill them. When she finds her target, she can get pretty frustrated while she tracks them down, so she usually goes crazy on them with her chaotic ideas of death. She enjoys her power, but has yet to discover it.

Personality: Shiloh is one who matches up to her name. As her name begins with Shi, she sticks to being shy. Even though she is the quiet one in the Street Clan, she is very sneaky and cunning at thought. When nobody is paying attention, she can take things in a heartbeat. Her skills as stealing and being a thief are pretty impressive. She could rob a security guard and he wouldn't notice his wallet was missing till he had to use it. On the outside, she is hidden and quiet. She isn't one to talk, but likes to listen and enjoys hearing about other peoples lives. When it comes to danger, people think she is one to hide in the shadows, but Shiloh is daring and can be dangerous when she is pissed. If she wants to, she'd sneak right up behind you, get you in a headlock and snap your neck then slink back into the shadows like she did nothing. Shiloh enjoys thrilling herself and feeling the rush of adrenaline when she does something that could risk her life. Even though people might think she's crazy, Shiloh is smart and a pretty cool friend if you got that close to her.

History: Shiloh lost her parents at the age of 8 years old. She can't remember when, but she could care less. The one thing that she remembers most is how her brother, Jared died. It was a hot summer morning, and because it was so warm. Shiloh barely got any sleep. Jared, on the other hand slept like a rock. Shiloh had just ignored her brother, but back then she didn't have a clue what her brother was going through. Jared was only 15, but he was having problems getting through High School. AKA, no friends, bullies, being beat up after school. He'd come home with bruises, but since he'd always been an expert and hiding them, he never managed to be able to show or tell anybody in his family. But since it all happened so suddenly, Shiloh had barely any time to know what was happening. For Jared, because the tough times got so much worse, he killed himself in front of her. Her parents disappeared, and she was left on her own. She lived on the street for a few years till she heard about the ice fields. Shiloh was always up for a challenge, so she moved up to the ice fields to see if she could survive.

Usual Outfit: A thick black thermal long sleeved shirt that is able to keep her body heat. Her fur is pretty fluffy and thick, so that gives her an advantage. She wears thick layered pants that are easy to run in and move around in, but they help by keeping her legs warm so they don't freeze. Shiloh wears some extremely thick maroon colored gloves that she can fold back the fingers when needed.

Description: Shiloh is tall for her age, her Dad being 6'4. She stands at 5'11, almost 6'. She has dark blonde hair that goes down below her shoulder blades, which she usually keeps in a braid. She never lets it fall down. She is skinny, and is fairy strong for being a girl. She can push and shove and pick up heavy things without breaking a sweat sometimes. Shiloh has dark blue eyes with a tint of emerald green at the edges.

Skills: Shiloh is experienced with fighting and very good at being stealthy and great at sneak attacks. However, she is great in the kitchen and a pretty good pianist. But her skills are highest in fighting and hand to hand combat because of how she spent the last 10 years of her life surviving on her own.

Inventory:
1. Pocket knife
2. Small handgun
4. A canteen
5. Small notebook
6. Pen + Pencil
7. Scarf

OOGA BOOGA!!

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 12:02am
Righto! Thanks for the interest, and I hope you'll stick around until it gets started, but I have a few suggestions.. One, you made me chuckle with the copy- paste from the children of darkness form (not a bad thing!), but lemme give you a few tips for staying alive. Her outfit is awesome for the city, cool looking and stylish. The cold doesn't give a crap.

We're talking about a -20 F ON AVERAGE here, you need winter gear, unless you want to start totally fresh, I'd get some gear ready. Your power will be VERY good however, for food and the like, go into more detail, what all can she track?

TO OTHER PEOPLE:

A thought has occurred to me, put down a motive. Why are you here? This'll be edited in.

And a REMINDER. It's going to be cold. Freaking cold. If you live in the lower 48's, typically 20 F is freezing. What do you do at that temperature? You bundle up. What would you do for MINUS 20? If your character has lots of fur, great! But bear in mind, -20's the WARM end. It gets worse, much worse.

PM Offline
Roan3/17/13 1:51am
Bleh. I'm not one for the cold, but I suffer the rain. I'll edit that soon.

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 1:55am
Hee hee, the cold's MUCH worse for you than the heat. I'm not trying to sound angry or anything or overbearing, I'm trying to help you keep your character alive.

PM Offline
Thegunner183/17/13 5:43am
Alright, prepare yourselves for a massive post! As a result, I'm just going to say this here and now: OOGA BOOGA!

Also, the 'Appearance' section is just what he looks like in general. If you want I can give you a list of what he'd be wearing in the mountains themselves. Anyhow, here it is:

Name: Soren Kjær

Species: British Columbian Wolf

Height: 6' 1"

Halo Colour: Icy blue.

Power: Runic terrakinesis.

Soren is able to brand the ground in front of him with 12 different, ancient runes which outline the shape a triangle. Each of these runes cause different things to happen depending on which ones are chosen and in what order; the grooves in the ground that make up the symbols glow a potent, icy blue - hence the colour of his halo. Once he chooses the runes they seem to almost imprint themselves into his mind, causing an excruciating, burning headache, although 'headache' is quite the understatement.

The number of runes chosen is what determines how powerful the effect of the power is. However, as the number Soren picks increases, the less stable he becomes and the harder it is to control. If he isn't careful and uses too many, it's very easy that he could kill himself and others around him.

The effect of choosing the symbols and then using them is first and foremost Earth-based, such as shockwaves that can knock people off their feet and dust storms which blind people for a while. Things like lava can also be incorporated, although that's very, very dangerous.

Appearance: To put it simply, Soren isn't someone that you'd go to to ask for advice on what you should wear to, well, anywhere, really. His clothes are all rather inconspicuous and he doesn't believe in anything called 'fashion'. You'll hardly ever find him wearing something that isn't just one colour. Black, red, blue, he'll take anything.

Apart from pink.

That colour really drives him crazy. Why? Not even he knows, but he wished he hadn't let that slip during his younger days. Now everyone he knows seems to wind him up about it.

At the end of the day, though, clothes all do the same thing, don't they? To him it was just...illogical to buy stupidly expensive clothing. Whatever it is that Soren sees first, he'll put on. Other than his favourite pair of camouflage cargo shorts, that is. Despite their rather old appearance, that wear and tear makes them more appealing to Soren. To him, they're a reminder of his past experiences.

Obviously, his choice in clothing gives a very casual demeanour to him, which may seem unprofessional to some others who work in the same field as he does. In fact, it just makes him more comfortable and means he's able to work better.

Soren really doesn't like drawing attention to himself and, luckily, the colour of his fur contributes to his overall eye-catching appearance in almost no way whatsoever. A black band of fur runs around the outside of his eyes and across the sides of his head, almost acting like an eye-mask. That, and a large tuft of black fur that droops over his left eye are the only two things that could, possibly, bring some sense of 'liveliness' to his all brown fur.

Well, maybe the fact that part of his right ear is missing due to an...incident...with a thief could make him stand out a bit more, unfortunately for him. But he just tries to forget that. In terms of his other facial features, however, he's been told that they're very 'soft'. What that means, though, he has no idea. All he knows is that he seems to be managing to get a lot of attention from woman. Even though Soren generally tries to act quite cool around them, he actually feels very awkward in their presence.

Personality: Diligent, ambitious, outgoing, Soren is one confident S.O.B who's determined to make his mark on the world. If a revolutionary find is in reach of him, nothing will stop him from getting to it. Not even the law if he can possibly help it. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, no opportunity like that had ever arisen. Perhaps if one ever had, he would have locked horns with law enforcement on more than one occasion and the outcome would not have been good.

Ambition is Soren's drug, so to say.

Any of his discoveries, though, are purely for the benefit of the people of Anduruna. Or, at least, that's what Soren insists. To be honest, nobody really has any reason to disbelieve him. He's, truthful and straight to the point, especially when he's in the middle of his work. He doesn't generally take interruptions lightly and no matter who it is, he'll definitely...let them know.

Getting to know Soren on a more personal level brings out a very caring, kind-hearted person who's always willing to listen to the troubles of others and lend a hand where a hand needs lent. He loves to joke around with his friends now and then just to get away from the stress that his work sometimes imposes on him. However, love itself is something that's eluded him so far. He has quite a few admirers, yes (most of those against his will) but he doesn't particularly feel anything for them.

The young wolf is a big fan of just blasting out some really laid back, bluesy rock music whilst he gets on with work or if he's just relaxing somewhere. So if you visit him or he visits you, then you can expect him to want music on at some point. That's whether you like it or not, really...

Bio: A real up-and-coming talent in Geology, Soren had taken a keen interest in Anduruna and its origins from an early age, much to the surprise of his parents and friends; they certainly weren't expecting Soren to be so engrossed in the world and how it worked but they respected his decision, nonetheless. Even when the odd person did decide to ridicule him, he was far too busy studying the physical processes that had shaped Anduruna or other things like that.

Being born into a family with a relatively poor background made it difficult for Soren to get a good, solid footing in the world of education but when he got the opportunity, he immediately and fervidly grasped it with both hands and never looked back. Right from the outset of his education, he's had the vision that he would eventually be able to fully repay what his family had given him over his lifetime and he'd be able to help them out of the financial trouble they had been in ever since he had been a small child.

Hard work, perseverance and assiduity were all that really mattered to Soren as he began working his way through school life meaning he rarely had time for many recreational activities, despite how much he enjoyed them. The outdoors was where Soren felt the most comfortable but, unfortunately for him, school didn't really offer too much in the way of teaching whilst outdoors, so he took it upon himself to get outside and study what he loved. Besides, he wasn't going to get anywhere in life just by sitting around on his ass all day, was he? Especially as Geology kind of required a love of the outdoors.

When Soren turned 18, nearly all the universities in Ruskol were more than happy to accept him into their ranks as it wasn't every day that someone like Soren came along; it was only a matter of choosing the best one and which one would push him to the limits of his potential. Thankfully, when he did make the choice, he knew it was the right one.

To Soren's joy, every single day in the university was a new challenge for him and he relished the opportunity to advance his knowledge of Anduruna. The thought that he could be the next big thing in Geology spurred him on to constantly surprise his teachers with his swift understanding of theories about the world and its processes. His life was probably the most uneventful a life could get at that point in time. Everything was all well and good. He passed his advanced Geology degree with flying colours and managed to get a job as a researcher into natural disasters. He wanted to know how they happened, what the signs of a certain natural disaster were and how they could be predicted with more ease.

The job was a very well-paid and sustainable one but after a good few years in the job, he grew bored of it and wanted to do something that would really help get his name out there. To put it simply he needed, and wanted, a bit more danger in his job.

Motive (reason for coming to the ice field): As it turned out, his wishes were granted a couple of years later, although it was a bitter-sweet moment when the job offer came through. He’d heard of the company before. Minecorp. However, he’d never had any reason to want to know what they were going to be doing out in the Starfall Mountains, but now that they wanted him on their research team he was obliged to find out.

Soren loved the fact that the company was diving into the unknown. What they’d find in the mountains was only held back by his own imagination. Sure, he may have had to work in sub-zero temperatures alongside a population of natives that weren’t the friendliest of people, but the lure of the mystery of the place was hard to resist. Very hard. He had to take the job, for his own sake.

Skills: Soren is a ‘Keeper with a love for the unknown and the danger that comes with it. If you need to find out something about the geographical history or composition of a specific place or object, the he’s your guy; he’ll get it done for you. He’s also surprisingly social for a scientist/researcher, and his negotiation skills are definitely not something to be sniffed at.

Inventory:
1. Antique pocket watch passed down to him through generations in his family.
2. Standard water canteen provided by Minecorp
3. Datascroll
4. Diary
5. Small sketchpad
6. Pencil

PM Offline
Esayo3/17/13 7:41am
This sounds like a bucket'o fun! I'd love to throw my lot in here!

Name: Enzii "Blink"

Species: Lagomorph

Halo: A prism-like, reflective surface, like a mirror.

Power: Mimic- The ability to copy any power he sees used, once per use by its originator. As well, the mimic'd ability is weaker than the original.
Does- Allow him to choose to store a power for later, he does not have to copy every power he sees.
Does NOT- Allow him to store, or mimic two abilities at once.
Does NOT- Allow him complete mastery and understanding of the power he mimics.

Appearance: Enzii is a tad-bit short for his age, not obnoxiously so, but he usually stands just a hair or so below others. His fur is a pale bluish-grey, and his eyes are a bright blue. He has one ear, the other having been lost early on in life. His tail is long, and rather puffy, indicating a mixed breeding of some sort.

Outfit: Consists at base level of an insulated jacket with a collar, and pants tapered at the bottom by gauze. He often wraps a scarf around his neck beneath the collar and up around his muzzle. He has a pair of goggles from an old friend in the Shock Troopers, a usually wears a throw-on hood over his head.

History: For a large part of his life, he was under the impression his legal name was Blink. Upon birth, his father handed him over to a friend, who ran a rather shady street clan. It was here he was raised, and taught that customs normal society would have found taboo were everyday things. Up until the age of eleven, he had helped kill innocent Keepers, rob graves, and paint symbols in bloody paint.

All of this ended when the street clan was attacked, and ultimately shut down. He was whisked away to another clan, where he grew to a less naive age. It was in his later teens when he accessed his birth records, and found his real name to be Enzii, rather than Blink. He dawned it immediately, though held Blink as a nickname.

His next order of business was to find his parents. He wasn't angry with them, -he found it hard to get angry, after growing up surrounded by it, he thought the emotion to be more or less pointless- simply curious. He wanted to know why he was given away to the street clan, nothing more, nothing less. This led him on a rather winding road of sold-houses and quit-jobs. One day, he found his search had taken him too long, finding out his mother had moved to Theophanies, where she soon expired of illness.

Enzii attended the funeral hoping to see his father there, but would wind up disappointed. Once again he set off on his search, and eventually it led him to prepare a journey to the Starfall Mountains. It became quickly apparent that he wouldn't be able to traverse this vast, all-consuming wasteland on his own, and he joined up with Minecorp.

At the time, it seemed like the most logical step in finding his father; at least he would be in Starfall. Over his life thus far he'd grown efficient with springers, particularly long-range rifles. That being said he was no stranger to labor, so he signed on as both private security to the company, as well as a miner; with most of his time spent working as the former.

Joining up with Minecorp at nineteen, he is now twenty-two. He's done his part to help the company, keep it safe, mine the minerals. At first he kept himself secluded from most of the other miners, and security, but over time his old curious and friendly personality came out, and he found himself partaking in his favorite pass-time; making friends.

At current, he still focuses intently on tracking down his father in his free time; he still believes the man is out there, as no one fitting his description has been seen re-entering the city. Whether or not he's simply chasing ghosts, or fooling himself, is impossible to tell.

The cold does things to a man. It Freezes you down to your roots, turns your bones to ice and your blood to sleet. One must be careful to stop the same thing from happening to their heart, and their mind. Enzii is doing his best in this respect, but one can endure failure for only so long before it becomes success to them.

Skills: Enzii is a rather good shot at long range, he's very good at focusing when his target is in the distance. That being said his accuracy at close range with rifle and pistol springers is lacking, as he tends to panic. He's proficient in hand-to-hand combat to make up for his weakness with close-range firearms; however his forte will always be long-range, so he's always up to train, and learn more.

Inventory:
1. A scoped springer rifle equipped to handle the cold.
2. A set of three cylindrical water-thermoses attached to his belt
3. A data scroll
4. A straight-bladed dagger
5. A satchel
6. A compass
7. A small, fold-out mirror (hand-sized)

--

And of course, the most important part~

OOGA BOOGA

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 10:56am
Sweet, they're looking good! You might all wanna post something about bundling up when we start. Oh and Gunner? This isn't IN Starfall. The is NORTH of starfall (hence the name). Twi basically told me to do whatever geographically wise, and since there's no info it seems north, here's your terrain.

First off, you've heard of glaciers right? Yeah, course you have. What about ice fields? These fields are like one MASSIVE glacier of just solid ice spanning miles and miles (look up 'harding ice field' if you want a visual). The flora and fauna have changed and adapted to use the unique nutrients and minerals frozen within the ice. Villages crop up near the tips of mountains, which look like black islands in a sea of white.

Oh, and one other thing,

Technology DOES NOT like the extreme cold. The material that makes up the screen of the data scroll can freeze, and become extremely brittle (I'm totally talking outta my ass right now, but this is what I know personally cold does to things), and delicate. The Same thing applies to springers. The more electronics and gizmos it has, the more likely it will fail when the temperatures drop to -40...-60... And even -80 if you get in a valley. Plan ahead.

You guys are looking good! Roan, you're close as well, just fix a few things and you'll be in.

Anyhow, I'm working on a map, and a quick little helper guide, to get you into the mentality of surviving in the cold (IE: DONT HAVE YOUR WATER OUTSIDE YOUR BODY.) I'll explain why in my guide.

PM Offline
Roan3/17/13 11:03am
I'm on my phone and if I edit, my finger is gunna hit some button and I'll loose it all!

I just need time to edit.

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 11:13am
Its okay, we're not starting anytime soon. Take it slow. I still need to draw out a map and stuff.

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 11:47am
Dooouuubbblllleee POST! There's now a short helper at the end of the initial post, to kinda give people an idea of what to expect.

PM Offline
Roan3/17/13 11:59am
That might be of great use. :D

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 5:08pm
Sorry Esayo, I'm gonna nitpick a little. Define 'long-range'.

PM Offline
Esayo3/17/13 5:12pm
Aight, like, anything further away then saaay the length of the courtyard (in the other rp)

PM Offline
Shadow996113/17/13 5:16pm
I'd like an average shot distance and target size perhaps. Not his BEST, but his AVERAGE. My best is hitting a manhole cover at 400 with an AR. I've never been able to do it again. So gimme an average.

(I know you prolly won't OP, but I just like to have this info on hand for reference.)

You must be logged in to post to a thread.