You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Tinsel

Forum - DK Lounge - Characters

Subscribe to this thread Tinsel created by Mom on February 25, 2013

PM Offline
Asora11/15/14 6:51am
Viscount: What the hell is going on here?!

*WILD NIGHTMARE APPEARS*

Viscount: What-WHAT THE FLIP FLOP IS THAT!?

*que Pokemon TATAGTATATAATA Battle Song*

Viscount: WHOA, hey! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIP!?

*Wild Nightmare uses RASANGON!*

Viscount: 0_0 No, no, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOO-

*BOOM - IT'S SUPER AFFECTIVE!*

PM Offline
CalicoYorki11/15/14 10:49pm
Now, it looks like I need to lay some rails down to get this thread back on-track.

I've recently come into a theory on Tinsel. We know she's one of Anduruna's many flash-in-the-pan celebrities, but I want to suppose something. We've only seen her as an -adult- since her first appearance in Prelude. That makes me wonder what her childhood and young adulthood were like, leading up to her current position. Particularly how she entered Nabonidus's employ.

And you know what my theory is? Call me crazy, but I'm betting she was exactly like Lilith. She was pretty, but not pretty enough. I imagine her with freckles and glasses, getting mocked by the cute girls, getting her tail yanked on so she'd fall down, getting humiliated in front of every boy she liked. Unlike Lilith, she didn't have Namah, or the Twins, or Igrath, or anyone. She probably contemplated suicide, or at least at some point felt as low as she could possibly go...And then, a tall robed 'man' approached her when she was vulnerable, and filled with hatred and self-loathing. And I'll bet he had something like this to say:

"Look at you," he whispered. "With a Power that could make anyone kneel, hidden away in a pretty little girl. But that's not good enough, is it? Poor little Tinsel Nanaja, never pretty enough for the girls who pick on you." Some slow, inexorable force drew Tinsel off of the fuzzy pink bathroom carpet, and up to the sink mirror. But who was this looking back at her? No freckles, no glasses, straight hair, and a perfectly-aligned...Everything! "You may be pretty," the impossibly tall spook murmured, "but only I can make you -beautiful.- I will make this entire city beg for you to step on their necks. But only if you will help me rule it." What other response could she have?

And thus, she necessarily -hates- girls like [Impossible to Spell 1] and [Impossible to Spell 2]. She secretly mocks all of them with the self-image ideals she sets, and the banal products she puts out. The whole city is just a mockery of a toy for her to play with, putty in her hands now that she's got the Viscount in her pocket. And she intends to play with that toy until Nabonidus so decides she's allowed to smash it on the floor in disgust.

Do you guys think this headcanon/theory could be possible?

PM Offline
Asora11/16/14 7:54am
That's........a surprisingly decent theory Calico! Good job!

*raises hand to give high five*

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/16/14 11:16am
That is a very convincing theory Calico...

PM Offline
CalicoYorki11/16/14 2:02pm
@ Asora:

Just this once. *high five*

And thank you. At this point, it resides with one foot in the realm of conjecture. I do, however, feel like Dave is going to explore the villain-hero dynamic between Tinsel and the Viscount's daughters. If he does, I can see the above theory being a likely way to do it.

PM Offline
Asora11/17/14 11:01am
David is the man that has the ability to turn stereotypical characters into righteous-like beings.

Sort of.

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier12/18/14 5:34am
Looking through the prelude partially, and hearing theories that Tinsel was a pop star back in those days, I kinda wonder how that music sounded like, maybe like a secondhand Madonna, haha.

But I can actually see how that can be true, I mean she has that kind of personality of being important, y'know what I mean?

PM Offline
Asora12/18/14 5:05pm
I bet Tinsel's music is the combination of Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, and Miley Cirus. I think.

PM Offline
SuperTurbo412/24/14 2:45am
Whatever it is, it's probably about glorifying herself.

PM Offline
Asora12/24/14 9:15am
Or just talking about stuff that involves love, sex, and power. :3

PM Offline
DanWithTheHat12/24/14 10:11am
I say just combine every female pop star for the last 50 years into and you have Tinsel. She has the fame, the merch, an affair with the president...

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier12/24/14 12:00pm
Every female pop star in the past 50 years, so even Courtney Love?

PM Offline
Asora12/24/14 12:13pm
Courtney Love? Who's Courtney Love?

PM Offline
JudasScorpioDeMazier12/24/14 12:36pm
You're too young to know.

PM Offline
Asora12/24/14 12:55pm
*looks up Courtney Love*

Um, okay........I don't see anything questionable or bad about her or anything. Did I miss something?

You must be logged in to post to a thread.