You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Movies of 2015

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Movies of 2015 created by Kymastrider on November 27, 2015

PM Offline
Kymastrider11/27/15 10:40pm
2015 sure has been an a great year to call back to old film franchises non of us have seen in decades (Back to the Future part 2 jokes aside)

(May-15) Mad Max: Fury Road
What's more to say, what a lovely reimagining of a great franchise ^^

(June-12) Jurassic World
Certainly was a lovely call back to the campy dinosaur theme parkness of the original. Ended with quite possibly the best motherfucking T-rex fight ever.

(June-25) Terminator: Genisys
Now this one I actually haven't gotten around to seeing yet, though I thought it was cool that they got Arnold to reprise his roll and that there merging what appears to be the best elements of 1&2. Cant wait to see it.

(Nov-6) 007: Spectre
I assume that's how the titles spelled. So far I think Daniel Craig has done a marvelous job of being the modern day James Bond, I'll be honest Quantum was probably my least favorite out of his 4 film run.

(Nov-6) The Peanuts Movie
Came out the same day as bond, go figure. The first Peanuts feature film in over 35 years, I found it was a lovely little callback to the old specials I remember, as well as a heartwarming tribute to why we loved the Peanuts so much. I also really loved how the captured the basic 2D design of it's characters and world with the newer technology.

(Dec-18) Star Wars: the Force Awakens
And at the time I write this this film isn't out yet, and despite a lot of early criticisms I hear, I've very optimistic about it. I mean come on it's Star wars, and not only that it's the follow up many of us have been waiting for nearly 32 years. After all there never is going to be another film franchise that reaches the sort of peak that this one has, and the fact that this way well be the last time we see Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher, makes this truly a once in a life time event, if anything I feel it'll be worth it to see these characters we love just one last time.

I will have to say now WOW ANEW MAD MAX MOVIE, JURRASIC PARK MOVIE, TERMINATOR MOVIE, JAMES BOND MOVIE, PEANUTS MOVIE, AND STAR WARS MOVIE ALL IN THE SAME YEAR!?!?!?!!?!

2015 sure has been a great year for nostalgic old movie franchises. ^^

You must be logged in to post to a thread.