You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Volvo pls!

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Volvo pls! created by ST34LTH on February 5, 2015

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/5/15 6:38am
Given the recent discussion about LoL and the inquiry as to who plays it here, I got curious as to who might play Dota 2.

This is not a comptetion of which game is better, since like both Velcro and I stated in the 'LoL Players' thread, both games have their pros and cons and picking a winner is (at least objectively) impossible.

If I was to give two reason why I'd suggest Dota 2 to people that haven't yet played it however, it would be that you don't have to be stuck with a narrow selection of heroes/champions, until you've payed/played for the better part of a year (A quite puzzling trend among MOBAs imo), and also the fact that one can pause the match, if someone suffers from connection issues.

The above reasons are also why I think it might be more suited for us to make a habit of playing between ourselves or maybe even making into a fun little 'local' tournament, since you always have that one hero you might prefer, as well as plenty of options for team-oriented picks, for those into that; plus the fact that connection issues won't unbalance the teams entirely.

Ps.: If anyone'd ever be interested in getting into Dota 2 (or have tried, but found the learning curve too steep), I'd be more than happy to assist. I'm not quite as unforgiving or irritable as most MOBA players (no offense) and never had anything against greenhorns.

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/5/15 6:39am
Pardon all the prodding I do with trying to find a game we can all play and agree to play. I am a gamer by heart and I find it to be one of the most enjoyable social interaction; beyond a friendly chat of course ;)

PM Offline
MobileCrusader2/9/15 11:56am
I have never played my copy of DOTA, and have not played LoL in years.

PM Offline
ST34LTH2/9/15 2:11pm
Well, now's the time to begin then XD

You must be logged in to post to a thread.