You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Are evil ghosts/poltergeists in the DK world considered as Dark Dreamkeepers, or Nightmares?

Forum - DK Lounge - General

Subscribe to this thread Are evil ghosts/poltergeists in the DK world considered as Dark Dreamkeepers, or Nightmares? created by BryanDimmsdale on October 31, 2014

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale10/31/14 6:14am
Well, since it is Halloween (by the time I posted this anyway), I'm going to talk about the paranormal today, specifically about those "beings" that might exist in the DK world. Since this may be related to the Crossbreed thread that I may also created (since I already put some theories there that might be related to this and whatnot), here's my question for this thread:

If a Dreamkeeper, or specifically a Dark Dreamkeeper dies and his/her spirit wanders around and tries to spread terror and death in a discreet and eerie way, is he/she (still) considered as a (Dark) Dreamkeeper, or is he/she now a marked as a Nightmare?

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha10/31/14 7:27am
I don't think it would be a Nightmare, since those strike me as a special case "outside" of the normal world. They'd probably still be a Dreamkeeper, though they might get mistaken as a Nightmare by the living victims.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale10/31/14 6:23pm
Here's the problem, the ghosts are also "outside" of the normal world too; they shouldn't exist, right? But here they are, mysteriously appearing whenever they want to.

Can you explain a bit further?

PM Offline
ZycantAlpha10/31/14 9:28pm
I'm not entirely sure. I guess when I say "outside" I mean that they're more a destructive force outside of humanity. Dreamkeepers by nature are tied to humanity and more specifically are tied to the fate of one human. So, unless they became incredibly vengeful, they probably wouldn't seek the destruction of all Dreamkeeper/humankind.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale11/3/14 4:58pm
If that's the case, then that's the case. What intrigues me is how do they exist in the world of DK. I mean, Wisp have ghost like powers, but she's an exemption. How do DK's see them, heck, how do Dark DK's or Nightmares see them; ally or enemy? (We're talking specifically the evil ones here).

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/6/14 7:23am
Maybe ghosts happen in our world when the death of a human does not kill the DK.

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale11/8/14 2:24am
Problems, when the humans dies, shouldn't the DK dies as well, or vice versa? That's what Dave said.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader11/10/14 8:34am
Yea, I'm just saying "what if it didn't happen?"

What if, instead of dying like they shpild the DK just became a monsterous hollow shell with a feral attitude?

What if the attached human was never allowed to rest properly?

PM Offline
BryanDimmsdale11/10/14 5:00pm
There will be always a reason why they don't die properly. Just like in horror movies. Notice the backstory of the ghosts, like Anabelle. In my opinion, she became like that because I think she lost her child and went crazy then suicide, and then finding a way to substitute her dead baby with other mother's baby.

So, it would be very possible as well in DK setting. However, here's the real question? Since they're dead, would they already know about their counterparts or unlock other powers as well. I mean, come on, they can go from point A to B in the speed of light.

You must be logged in to post to a thread.