You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Thoughts on Ads

Forum - DK Lounge - Volunteer Army

Subscribe to this thread Thoughts on Ads created by Ashielf on April 7, 2014

PM Offline
Ashielf4/7/14 6:30am
I was wondering if it was possible to use Project Wonderful to spread the word of DreamKeepers?

The thing is, I want to support a specific website and thought I could kill two birds with one stone and advertise for DreamKeepers.
Those of you who know Project Wonderful know that it's not an intrusive ad system that makes you want to install ad-blockers. On top of that, you can specify where you want the ad to be shown.

Of course the two biggest questions are permission from Dave, and thoughts on moral issues with advertising. Some people might not like and could even be offended so I thought I'd ask the community here.

Please give me your thoughts on the matter!

PM Offline
Korangar4/7/14 7:50am
I think it's worth a try

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/7/14 8:27am
I've never heard of project wonderful meself, but I assume its some sort of add on in the vein of adblock plus.

I have no qualms with advertising. It is an effective means to spread information, and I think that it is a more solid base than word of mouth.

A Dreamkeepers ad is a good idea. I only have adblock plus because of Pandora.

PM Offline
Ashielf4/10/14 3:56am
If someone could bring this up during the chat today, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I work every Thursday 'til midnight so I can never make it.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/10/14 5:08am
I'll mention it if no one beats me to it.

PM Offline
Ashielf4/14/14 7:26am
While reading through the Project Wonderful (henceforth referred to as PW) ToS for the third time (I hate reading them. My memory is failing significantly and with it, my attention span...), I came across this...

[quote]7. Linked Content

You are solely responsible for all Advertising and all websites, web pages, products, services, advertising and other information that viewers are linked to via the Advertising ("Linked Content"). You hereby grant Project Wonderful permission to utilize an automated software program to retrieve and analyze websites associated with the Linked Content for ad quality and serving purposes.

You hereby represent and warrant that: (a) You own, or have enforceable and valid licenses to, all rights, including without limitation all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, publicity or other proprietary rights, in and to the Advertising and Linked Content; and (b) the Advertising and Linked Content do not breach, violate or infringe upon: (i) any third party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, publicity or other proprietary rights; or (ii) any applicable laws, regulations or codes of conduct, including without limitation any applicable industry guidelines related to marketing or advertising content or activities. Any breach of the foregoing representations or warranties may result in immediate termination of the TOS or Your account, in Project Wonderful's sole discretion and without notice, and may subject You to damages.

You hereby grant to Project Wonderful and its Publishers a worldwide, full paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive license and right to host, cache, route, transmit, store, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, perform, display, reformat, excerpt, analyze, and create algorithms from and derivative works of, the Advertising or Linked Content in relation to: (a) the provision of the Services; or (b) Project Wonderful's business as conducted from time to time.[/quote]

If I understand this correctly, I can't actually use PW without a licence to DK content... And the chances of that happening are... less than Zero. So there goes that Idea...

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/14/14 7:32am
I'm still not entirely sure what project wonderful is.

PM Offline
MobileCrusader4/14/14 7:35am
Looked it up, I get it now.

https://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisewithus.php

You must be logged in to post to a thread.