You are not logged in.
Dreamkeepers Forums - Game Progress Thread

Forum - Reality - Culture Clash

Subscribe to this thread Game Progress Thread created by HazzardousEco on March 22, 2013

PM Offline
HazzardousEco3/22/13 9:12am
Exactly what the title means:

Tell us what game(s) your currently playing and if you wish, tells us where your at in the game and/or tells us your thoughts on the game(s) you are currently playing (though keep spoilers to a minimum, especially for recently released games)

With that said, let us commence!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently jumping between Dark Souls and God of War Ascension

Did beat GoW:A, and I enjoyed this game, especially since Kratos isn't an engine of hate in this installment. He's still brutal to be sure, but he's got that spark of humanity in him that we haven't seen since God of War 1...

If I do have a complaint, it's that the game feels rather short and doesn't have that 'globe trotting' feel to it that I enjoyed in God of War 1...

As for the multiplayer, I'll have to get back to you on that one since I haven't been able to get onto a game; don't know if the servers are still crowded or if my connection is poor...

PM Offline
AriaOutlander3/22/13 9:22am
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Completion: ~75%
Stalker CoP is the last game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series, which I love. The game's about a military spec-ops who's enlisted to go to the zone to 'spy' on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s, and to recover missing military information, and info on the missions they may have failed, or completed. The game's set after all of the events in the series, so any story information I may tell you, will probably be a spoiler.
Besides the fact that you meet Strelok in CoP.

PM Offline
HazzardousEco3/23/13 8:53pm
@Aria: I like Eastern FPS, especially Metro =)

So I finally got onto a few games of God of War: Ascension's multiplayer; first impressions were decent, but there isn't any skill to it. You just button mash your way to victory. In addition, there is no 'equal level' match ups, so if your starting at rank 1, chances are you'll be fighting against people that are at rank 30 (Dark Souls does this as well, which still annoys me).

Modes are your standard fare (Free for All, Team Deathmatch, CTF, etc.), though there is a co-op feature where you and a random buddy just wail away at enemies until time runs out or you complete the level...

Customization is present as well in weapons, armor, magic, and perks. While some are universal, most are alliegance-only stuff. When you start, you can choose what god to side with, from Ares, Hades, Zeus, or Posideon. While you can switch your alligence at any time, each one offers unique attributes. For example:
Ares focuses on melee damage and offers abilities to break enemy defences
Posideon focuses on team support and offers abilities that will aid you and your team
Hades is stealth based, using soul power to drain vitality
Zeus is magic based, putting more empathis on magic

Overall, it's an interesting idea, but one that needs warming up to, as this is the first time a GoW game has gone multiplayer...

PM Offline
GodofVelcro4/23/13 10:37pm
My favorite games would have to be Portal 1 and 2. I have just finished Portal 1, and (I think) halfway done with Portal 2, and am stuck with a puzzle that probably has a very obvious solution. For those who don't know about them, they are games where you use portals to solve puzzles.

Portal is set in Aperture Laboratories, a hi-tech testing facility run by an omnipotent AI. It focuses mainly on the puzzles, which are neither too easy or impossibly hard. It also has some interesting Easter eggs.

Portal 2 has a lot more put into a great plot line, but still has some decent puzzles, some of which tie into Portal 1. Portal 2 also has co-op mode which references the main story, but doesn't require you to know anything about it. It also has an efficient way to put in user-made maps for tests.

They are both great games, with the best humor I have heard in a long time, if you haven't you should try them when you get the chance.

PM Offline
HazzardousEco4/25/13 12:04pm
@ GodofVelcro: I enjoyed Portal 2 as well, but I wasn't too keen on where the comedy was going. I loved the deadpan/black comedy in Portal 1, and while it was amusing, it was laced with a sinister and dark undertone...as if to tell you, that something wasn't correct about all this...
But in Portal 2, they went from black comedy to slapstick, which killed the dark undertone. I personally think it was Wheatley's fault =P Though I did love the big reveal that threw a nod out to Half-Life 2 and the dialogue that was revealed when GlaDOS was a potatoe =)

------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm still rocking out Dark Souls, since I have long since leveled up all the God choices in God of War Ascension's multiplayer (Zeus, Ares, Hades, and Posideon). Hopefully, I'll be trying something new in May, as Gearbox will be releasing the new Vault Hunter that month, which will give me a reason to go back to Pandora =)

I'm also going to consider buying Demon Souls on the PSN. I never got the chance to play Demon Souls because I was scared off from it by everyone whining about how hard it was. But if I can deal with Dark Souls, I'm hoping I can deal with Demon Souls -_^

Hopefully both these games will tied me over until June; cause that's when Last of Us releases XD

You must be logged in to post to a thread.